PDA

View Full Version : wrap around care

kaza
17-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Hi although I am new to the forum I am not 'new' to childminding as I have been minding children for over 7 years. I really need some help/advice on how to deliver the new EYFS that starts in Sept for children that I might be minding on an after school and holiday time basis that are in reception.

I have been told I will need to some observations but not as much as if I were minding babies/toddlers. I have attended workshops on the new EYFS but to be fair they are aimed at childminders that are already delivering the EYFS not newbies like me who have only ever minded year 1 plus kids. ANY help would be really appreciated as I have got myself into a pickle just thinking about how on earth I am going to manage it!! Many thanks Karen xx::thumbsup:

Smiley
17-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Page 5 of the revised statutory framework mentions wraparound and holiday providers, not sure if this will help you

blue bear
17-07-2012, 06:49 PM
What in particular do you need help on? Is it how much o do or the basics of how to put together a lj and write obs etc

kaza
18-07-2012, 09:40 AM
What in particular do you need help on? Is it how much o do or the basics of how to put together a lj and write obs etc

It's pretty much everything that Ofsted requires from me really. Do you have to do a learning journal for school age children and how and what do you do for observation. Is it as simple as writing a daily diary with some pics in it? I'm soo confused by it all:(