PDA

View Full Version : Got the call-eeek!! Some questions

lovechildcare1
17-07-2012, 03:30 PM
I recieved the call from Ofsted to arrange my pre-reg visit next weds (25/7/12) eeek! :eek: I'm worried I am not ready! :panic:

I have my policies in place and have safety gates to put in place, finger guards, drawer locks etc. Ive done my risk assessment and from that have carried out everything I can to address any problems. MY CM advisor came to visit me 6 weeks ago to look around my premises and she said everything seems to be ok and gave me a few actions to sort out.

I need some advice.
What do I need to do now to ensure that I am ready?
Do I need to know the EYFS inside and out? What version of EYFS should I read.

What should I do to get ready before her visit? Im worrying about it :panic:

Any tips, advice and your experiences with ofsted would be most helpful

Rosy Days
17-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Don't panic, the pre-reg is not that bad.

I had my pre-reg in 2008, so a while ago now, the inspector asked me lots of questions re: the statutory framework so I would make sure you are familiar with that. I would also make sure you are familiar with the learning and development side of things as well. I should imagine safeguarding will come up.

She checked h & s around my home, gave me a few actions such as protective film on my patio doors as she couldn't see a safety kite mark.

She also had a look around the garden to make sure there was nothing glaringly unsafe such as no grid covers etc.

Told me all actions needed to be in place by my first inspection.

She asked lots of 'what would you do if .... ', 'how would you deal with ...'. Also make sure you are familiar with your complaints procedures and your safeguarding procedure, what you would do if you suspected a child was being abused etc.

She also asked to look in my first aid box.

They all ask different questions, my inspector was really lovely, so felt really comfortable .. hope yours is too! Good luck :)

mrs_scottydog
17-07-2012, 08:59 PM
As Rosy Days says don't panic. I was worried about mine too a couple of years ago now but I shouldn't have. The inspector was lovely, she just went through everything and made sure that I was aware of everything that I needed to do. They are there to help you and advise you.
My inspector also checked out my house and garden, as we were going I told her things that I was planning on doing eg. taking lock off inside of bathroom door so she was happy that I was aware of what needed doing.
Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine. :) Hx

VeggieSausage
18-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Mine asked me about a fire evacuation plan and what I would do if I needed to evacuate everyone.....

cabbagepatch
20-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I've just had my pre-reg visit and I lost sooo much sleep over it but it was not bad at all.

They don't expect you to know the eyfs inside out and you can refer to your P+P if you get quized on them, mine focused on safeguarding! Questions such as if a stanger was in your home and you went to kitchen to make a hot drink what would you do with mindees!? ..... (wanted to say why would a stanger be in my home!) but I just said I would of course ensure the children were not left with the stanger and if that meant taking them with me then so be it!

She checked my home but was just a wonder around .... the one thing it took me time to realise though is that you should sell yourself! once I realised this it got so much easier the conversation flowed, dont be afraid to show your passion for CM thats what they want to see :blush:

I was also expecting a yes or no at the end but all she said was she supported my application! :jump for joy:

Was not a registered cm for another week! .... Good Luck I'm sure you will be great x