PDA

View Full Version : Changing obs from Sept..

Bluebell
17-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Just re-assessing my obs from comments that were made at my inspection and am wondering how to proceed.
I currently observe and relate it to the specific area and then also tick it off on an 'overview' sheet that I have downloaded from the county council website. I date it so I can reference it to where it is in the learning journal.

From September the areas are changing and so I will need to be relating it to different areas and while a lot of them will be similar the headings will be different.
How should I proceed, should I be keeping a set of both the old and the new? Or should I be transferring information onto the new sheets and hoping I can find the equivalent point?

I have children that have started in the last month or 2 and I am going through my notes so I can link it to areas and am wondering if I should in fact be linking it to the new areas so that there is 1 consistent format. It seems pointless starting to tick off a sheet that will be redundant in a month.
I realise the new statutory EYFS must not be used until September but the learning areas comes under the guidance does it?

Any advice appreciated please as don't want to be doubling up on work.

cara1235
17-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I personally will just start the new obs in sept and also keep the old ones i wont be transferring as it will take up soooo much time :panic:

Bluebell
17-07-2012, 11:19 AM
yeah I realised after I wrote that I would sound stupid! I meant more for the ones that are just starting with me now - should I bother starting an overview sheet with the old headings or try to fit it with the new headings to save having 2 separate sets of sheets?

sarak31
17-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I may be wrong but I think if ofsted visited before sept they would expect to see you using the current 6 areas of learning.

tashaleee
17-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Probably I will get shot down for this :blush: but Im doing the existing system until end of July... then only wow moments in August until I get my head around new paperwork which will start in September

I think I remember reading Ofsted wont be doing inspections in July either....

Lets hope Im right on this :laughing:

blue bear
17-07-2012, 12:58 PM
For new children and those that are starting a new scrap book I have moved over to tge new development matters, it's not statutory and you don't even have to use development matters anyway so can't see how ofsted can penalise you for using new o e as long as you are linking and showing progress in development

Bluebell
17-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Thank you blue bear - that was kind of my thinking too.