PDA

View Full Version : What do you all do?

Demonjill
17-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Just wondered what you all do when mindees are happily playing or sleeping?

Feel a bit spare if I just sit down :laughing:

But if they don't need me to join in and I've got meals/snacks organised and had wee tidy I then just sit down and maybe flick through a mag or something?

So what do you all do? :thumbsup:

*daisychain*
17-07-2012, 10:32 AM
sit reading posts on here :blush: thats exactly what I am doing now as they sleep and I'm waiting for one to arrive.
I'd rather have a full day of paperwork to get lots done and to get my head round it so don't do any whilst they are sleeping. I do however feel guilty for sitting doing nothing :) oh well !

BucksCM
17-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll catch up on e-mail, posts on here :D, daily diaries...and if they are asleep in the afternoon I'll prepare anything I need for tea, wash up and then if I have any time read a book(only while they are asleep)

Pipsqueak
17-07-2012, 11:20 AM
oh I do my paperwork, accounts and forward planning, SEF etc.... I like to be ahead of myself and organised... I do a bit of CPD, displays etc....I just couldn't justify sitting around doing nothing - especially when I am being paid by hardworking clients....

(who spouted that load of poop!!!! of COURSE I sit around doing beggar all - normally having a coffee, a wee even or someting to eat....

Ripeberry
17-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Have a cup of tea and browse on my netbook. I can move it anywhere in the house and even have it in the kitchen whilst preparing food. I need constant stimulation or I'd go spare just sitting there watching children who did not want me to join in with their games.
But of course when they need me I'm there straight away and I can see them at all times from the kitchen. I don't sit down most of the day as it stops me being too relaxed ;)

BucksCM
17-07-2012, 11:30 AM
oh I do my paperwork, accounts and forward planning, SEF etc.... I like to be ahead of myself and organised... I do a bit of CPD, displays etc....I just couldn't justify sitting around doing nothing - especially when I am being paid by hardworking clients....

(who spouted that load of poop!!!! of COURSE I sit around doing beggar all - normally having a coffee, a wee even or someting to eat....

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I was just about to reply saying that we are entitled to a lunch break and what we do during that is our business...then I scrolled down!:laughing:

caz3007
17-07-2012, 11:35 AM
When they are asleep I have a cuppa, a sarnie and oh yes I am on here :laughing: I have some parcels to sort, so will do that in a minute and have some thank you cards to make for my sons teachers...so will probably start those too, depending on how long LO sleeps for.

sarak31
17-07-2012, 11:56 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:Pipsqueak that made me laugh lots!

I do tidy, get tea ready, pop on here, paperwork, paperwork and oh yes don't forget, more paperwork :D

Ripeberry
17-07-2012, 12:10 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:Pipsqueak that made me laugh lots!

I do tidy, get tea ready, pop on here, paperwork, paperwork and oh yes don't forget, more paperwork :D

Liar! ;):laughing::laughing::D

singingcactus
17-07-2012, 12:47 PM
If they are playing or busy I just sit and watch them. If I wander around trying to 'do' they would just stop what they were doing and follow me everywhere. Having said that, if I sit down for long enough (and I do) they all just pile on me for cuddles or to be thrown around.

If they are asleep, I wash the pots, read my messages, then put the kettle on the boil and wait for my fully crb'd and registered friend to pop round for a pot of tea before the school run. Just waiting for her now :)

WibbleWobble
17-07-2012, 12:53 PM
none of mine sleep but they all go at 1pm. so i have 2 hours of time to sit on the sofa with my mouth open half asleep drool appearing at the corner of my mouth.......

i am one classy bird!

sarahjane
17-07-2012, 12:54 PM
If they are all asleep, I have my lunch and then I usually spend the time cutting out fabric for bunting ready to sew for my other business :)

singlewiththree
17-07-2012, 12:55 PM
COFFEE!!! read emails, I'm just making my rota up for the school hols as the holiday club has shut this summer :clapping: so keep getting asked so want to ensure I'm not over as two of my own children are under 8 too

nipper
17-07-2012, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;1131127]oh I do my paperwork, accounts and forward planning, SEF etc.... I like to be ahead of myself and organised... I do a bit of CPD, displays etc....I just couldn't justify sitting around doing nothing - especially when I am being paid by hardworking clients....

:eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek:: eeeek::eeeek:

and now I have to type something as my message is too short!

Pipsqueak
17-07-2012, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;1131127]oh I do my paperwork, accounts and forward planning, SEF etc.... I like to be ahead of myself and organised... I do a bit of CPD, displays etc....I just couldn't justify sitting around doing nothing - especially when I am being paid by hardworking clients....

:eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek::eeeek:
and now I have to type something as my message is too short!

scroll down.....:D

loocyloo
17-07-2012, 02:37 PM
browse the forum!

look up things/prep activities related to current interests/themes etc

print out bits/stick things in LJ/might even write a few notes in them too ;)

write up daily diaries ( usually do that at lunch/tea )

in the afternoon i prep tea

make a cup of tea ... but somehow, NEVER get to drink it :D

kellib
17-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I usually make my lunch and catch up with something I've got taped on my sky+ box, I see it as my lunch hour! It's great when the LO's sleep for 3 hours :laughing:

funemnx
17-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm either on here or.....

on here!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

sarak31
17-07-2012, 06:37 PM
Liar! ;):laughing::laughing::D

:laughing:
Yep you got me - its feet up, coffee, a cake as big as my head, loose women on and ipad out browsing through the forum. :D

cathtee
17-07-2012, 06:42 PM
If they are asleep I have a wee in peace, and a hot cup of coffee bliss.:D

The Juggler
17-07-2012, 09:22 PM
when they are playing nicely - watch, observe or wash up /tidy. when they are asleep, catch up on here, e-mails, fb and then eat and watch escape to the country :clapping:

LittleLegsCM
18-07-2012, 06:27 AM
If they are all asleep, I have my lunch and then I usually spend the time cutting out fabric for bunting ready to sew for my other business :)

I'm normally prepping fabric for a project too! (although sadly my skills aren't good enough to run a business from it, its just for my enjoyment lol) x

boxtree7
18-07-2012, 06:30 AM
Sit and think about all the things I should be doing !!!