PDA

View Full Version : Do you clean mindees teeth ?

clorogue
17-07-2012, 09:20 AM
one of my children has started to go to nursery one day a week and one day to me. they have a policy where they clean their children's teeth after lunch and the parent thinks it is a good idea for me to do the same. Do you clean your mindees teeth and do you have a policy for it? Thanks

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 09:21 AM
No I don't and I have never in 18yrs been asked. I think if I was asked I would happily do it though.

Shamai
17-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Two of my mindees come at 7am - in their PJs - so I wash them, get them dressed and then clean their teeth after breakfast. I haven't got a policy for it, I just do it as its part of our routine - not sure if I'm supposed to have a policy :blush:

green puppy
17-07-2012, 09:35 AM
My mindees have always done it after their afternoon naps, really just to promote it and they all enjoy it. My mindees are aged 12 moths-4 years. Parents appreciate it as mindees are often reluctant at home.

Bridey
17-07-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't, not after lunch - the main reason being that the recommended times to clean your teeth is twice a day. Having spent most of my younger life terrified of the dentist (I have a lovely one now!), I have ended up damaging my gums from brushing after every meal :( I would do it if asked but I wouldn't introduce it myself.

However, I do have toothbrushes here for those who come for breakfast.

Boris
17-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I read somewhere that twice daily brushing is enough and too much brushing can damage teeth, children should avoid brushing their teeth immediately after consuming acidic food or drinks as this is when the enamel is at its softest - it's best to wait as long as possible after an acidic meal.