PDA

View Full Version : 2 year assessment

Bluebell
17-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Devon have released dates for a 2 day course on the new 2 year olds assessment and I am wondering why it is going to take 2 days? Anyone know? It also says that there will be opportunity to go through Devon's preferred format so I am quite relieved about that as I wouldn't really know where to start with a form for it. I'm hoping to sign up for the on in Kingsteignton as its on 2 Saturdays (although I work alternate Saturdays so I'm hoping it won't fall on those Saturdays as I've already had to change days for the parents on another of the days that they come)
Anyone else going to anything similar?

blue bear
17-07-2012, 06:39 AM
We have been given the booklet and basically been told its the same as the summary assessments we are encouraged to do twice a year, so as long as we do one between 2 and three years it's the same as it always has been.

nokidshere
17-07-2012, 07:20 AM
The woman on the new EYFS course that I attended last week was at great pains to point out that the two year assessment was a short, simple overview of the child in discussion with parents (which is pretty much what we already do) and that no-one whould be concerned about it - then went on to say that training would be provided for it in the near future.

She couldn't understand when I questioned her as to why we would need training for something that is a simple and normal process. Either its not a simple and short assessment they want or they are completely wasting money and time on training for soemthing that doesn't need it.

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 09:13 AM
We were told to keep it simple and were given a format that covered 2 sides of A4 and to be honest it was just a summary of of where the child is extracted from the LJ info.

We were advised to do it as close to their 2nd birthday as possible so it will by 2015 coincide with the 2yr Health Visitor checks.

Our EY are doing training courses, more for settings than cms at the moment. I can understand this having just finished a Level 3 Diploma on which there were lots of young nursery workers who were really struggling with doing LJs so will freak at the 2yr check.

watgem
17-07-2012, 10:43 AM
we have been told diddly squat, our "training" in revised eyfs was a 11/2 discussion in the cluster group-do you think you would be able toshare any of the info you get please?xxx

sarah707
17-07-2012, 05:49 PM
2 days! :eek: Ours was 2 hours :D

pillows
17-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi I am booked onto the one in Kingsteignton it is 6TH AND 20TH Oct 10am until 3pm both days :)