PDA

View Full Version : Juggler, Rickysmith and others meeting in London

Penny1959
16-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry not been on forum as much as usual :blush:

Anyway Juggler asked me a while ago about taking the petition into Downing Street - and I said I will look into it.

Well I have and I am none the wiser! Can't find anything that says we can or we can't just walk into Downing Street. Now I am guessing you ave to get past the nice policemen first - but do we just smile and say please? Would have thought in these security days - especially with the Olympics that would need permission.

So does anyone else have any info? (and sorry if I have missed the post about
it)

If we are to do it - we will need to print signatures - hundreds of pages by now and will need to organise when doing it and if all of us together in London or just a few of us.

To be honest - I am a bit fed up with MP'sand PM's response to date and wonder if it will make any difference at all - apart from a nice photo for us and maybe some PR.

Thoughts please

Penny :)

Carol M
16-07-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere on government website re delivering petitions to no 10 that you have to book a date and time and have it agreed that you can deliver it.Also no more than 6 people to deliver and they wanted to know all details about those 6 and do checks first.
Heaven knows how I got to that info, probably google then following millions of links! But I do remember thinking it would be good to deliver it on London Meet Up day.
Carol xx

Penny1959
16-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere on government website re delivering petitions to no 10 that you have to book a date and time and have it agreed that you can deliver it.Also no more than 6 people to deliver and they wanted to know all details about those 6 and do checks first.
Heaven knows how I got to that info, probably google then following millions of links! But I do remember thinking it would be good to deliver it on London Meet Up day.
Carol xx

Thanks Carol - you have done better than me - all the links I followed were pushing the e petitions - but what you have said is inline with what I thought.

Will try a bit harder to find info - but maybe too late if we have to be checked - unless someone else already got the ball rolling?

The Juggler
16-07-2012, 08:12 PM
aww sorry Penny I mean to look into the printing of the petition not the delivering - sorry to give you so much hassle.

I was wondering if it was feasible to print it - i.e. how many hundreds of pages was it. My hubby has offered to do it at work - i just want to see how many hundred pages it is before we press the print button.

I'm not too worried about delivering it to No. 10 itself - I was hoping that we could talk nicely to said policeman at the gate and just beg him nicely to deliver it ? If they say a big no, they will tell us how we CAN do it and I am game to follow that up and pop back up to London to deliver it - when we are approved :thumbsup:

The Juggler
16-07-2012, 08:19 PM
ok - just sent an enquiry to change.org through their site to ask how to print off the petition and list of signatories.

will let you know :)

sarak31
16-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Hi, my friend organised the recent petition and march against the tax on pasties. She said you have to book it, they dont allow you to just turn up, and she has all the info and contacts at work. She will email me all the direct contact details tomorrow and I will post up here if you want. She says they rarely refuse a booking to present a petition.

Penny1959
16-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone - as far as I know UF is the only one who can see the sigs and therefore print off. In the early days she did email a list so I will email her tomorrow to ask if possible to do this again.

Penny1959
17-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Have emailed Debbie (UF) re list of signatures print out.

Have asked her to reply to me or direct to Juggler so she has info to give her DH.

Penny1959
17-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Debbie has sent me the list of signatures (thanks Debbie) and so I have PM Juggler re the printing - as currently 307 pages long!

The link to the signature page only works for today - so will depend on Jugglers DH if we can organise in time.

Stormy
17-07-2012, 08:10 AM
If you don't manage to get it together for Saturday I can always hand deliver it at anytime. Maybe a day out with the kids in the holidays :)

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 08:20 AM
If you don't manage to get it together for Saturday I can always hand deliver it at anytime. Maybe a day out with the kids in the holidays :)

Reading this I was just thinking the same Stormy. Great minds! As long as we have the petion there are enough of us near enough.

Penny1959
17-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Juggler has said same - so maybe an idea for those who live close enough to organise the 'checking process' so can deliver in person in due course. I would love to be involved - but would depend on cheap train tickets:D

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Juggler has said same - so maybe an idea for those who live close enough to organise the 'checking process' so can deliver in person in due course. I would love to be involved - but would depend on cheap train tickets:D

I would as well and we may be able to arrange press coveage and do you think Ms Truss would like to be there? :rolleyes:

sarak31
17-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Penny - I have sent you a pm with the details of the contact for petitions at downing street. There's further information too if you pm me your email I can forward.

*daisychain*
17-07-2012, 11:16 AM
YOU GO GIRLS !!!!! WHOOP WHOO[ !!
:blush: sorry, got a bt excited for a moment !

Penny1959
17-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks to Sarak31 I now have all the all the details and the form to apply to take petition to door of number 10.

I have the list of signatures -

The Juggler
17-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Debbie has sent me the list of signatures (thanks Debbie) and so I have PM Juggler re the printing - as currently 307 pages long!

The link to the signature page only works for today - so will depend on Jugglers DH if we can organise in time.

ooh only just seen this Penny, no Pm arrived - DH was just here - brought dd home sick from school. can you try to re-pm me with the link?

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks to Sarak31 I now have all the all the details and the form to apply to take petition to door of number 10.

I have the list of signatures -

Well done. When are you going to apply for? I am away w/c 19 aug apart from that I should be around.

The Juggler
17-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I would as well and we may be able to arrange press coveage and do you think Ms Truss would like to be there? :rolleyes:

:laughing::laughing: ooh do you think she'd dare :p

Penny1959
17-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Well done. When are you going to apply for? I am away w/c 19 aug apart from that I should be around.

Decided to bring form with me as needs names etc - so I thought those interested could fill in own details and agree on date.

rickysmiths
17-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Decided to bring form with me as needs names etc - so I thought those interested could fill in own details and agree on date.

Good thinking Penny :thumbsup:

The Juggler
17-07-2012, 09:18 PM
i have saved a copy of the petition signatures now so will have time to print it before we get our date for our appointment at no. 10 :clapping: