PDA

View Full Version : Where to take this interest

Fabby
16-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Ok, so I've noticed that my minded has an interest in post boxes! When out on a walk the other day he couldn't stop talking about it and today at toddler group, there was a post box there and I sat him down to "write letters" and to post them in the box. Kept him good for ages!! So, what else could I do with him for this interest I'm post boxes?

loocyloo
16-07-2012, 05:54 PM
write and post a letter to himself at home/at yours? go to post office and buy stamps? talk to a postman?

send postcards .. someone a week or 2 ago posted a link to a postcard sending website (found it :D ) http://www.postcrossing.com/

postman pat stories & games on cbeebies

postman pat puzzles/books

postmen around the world?

making envelopes/cutting paper to write on

i've got a 'pop it in the post' game from ELC

maybe shape sorting (posting things)

other things to post - different shapes/sizes/objects etc

jolly postman book is great with envelopes to open/read each page ... these could lead to other interests?

have fun!

Fabby
16-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Thank you for your brill ideas! I'm also going go on the hunt for a big box so we can make our own post box

fluff1975
16-07-2012, 07:33 PM
How about writing a letter or postcard and sending it back home to his family, or to grandparents, or you etc.

fluff1975
16-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Ooh, also; if you find out what time the collection is from the post box, go down and watch it being emptied.

fluff1975
16-07-2012, 07:35 PM
and finally...;) Most post offices have a daily or twice daily collection of parcels. You could go and watch those being loaded into the big vans too.

I'm stopping now. I came on here to ask a question!!!