PDA

View Full Version : minding related children only?

izzy
16-07-2012, 01:48 PM
hi, i have not been on here for a while but have a question i wondered if anyone could help with please? i have been registered for nearly 14yrs looking after a variety of children. i have looked after my grandaughter 3 days per week for 18 months. myonly other mindee (not related) has given notice as mum is giving up work and my other daughter wants me to look after my grandson in her place. do you know if only minding related children is an issue for ofsted?
thoughts would be appreciated, thank you
izzy x

Bridey
16-07-2012, 03:59 PM
I've got a feeling that if you don't look after unrelated children after a period of three years you could have your registration cancelled.

waterwaybabies
16-07-2012, 05:29 PM
think bridey is correct here.x you have to be available to mind unrelated kids too and if you dont have any after three years they pull your reg.x [but three years is a long time ;)]xxx

muffins
16-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I've got a feeling that if you don't look after unrelated children after a period of three years you could have your registration cancelled.

This is correct but if izzy is caring for grandaughter in the grandaughters home she isn't minding anyway!

Izzy if your daughter is claiming tax credits she cant do this if its in her home or if your not registered. Ofsted wont register you as a nanny to care for family, so you cant get round the tax credits this way either!

izzy
16-07-2012, 08:21 PM
thank you all for your replies. 3 years is fine as i would be available for a part timer if one came along that suited the day i have free. it was more a short term thing and just wanted to know there was no rush to fill the space \9would be nice just to have grandchildren for a little while). yes, they would both come to me properly as minded children. i rang HMRC on friday about my grandaughter who's mum gets a percentage of childcare paid for her and they were fine about it, so long as i am registered.
thank you again
izzy x