PDA

View Full Version : Eight Radical Solutions to the Childcare Issue

Bridey
16-07-2012, 11:59 AM
On today's BBC News site ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18826587

Its quite interesting to see that, so far, the majority of comments come from those who don't want their taxes to fund parent's childcare costs!

I'm starting to wonder if childcare is becoming this year's media victim. Every summer there is one subject they will pick up and knock and criticise to death. This year it seems to be us! :(

Baildon bears
16-07-2012, 12:12 PM
I can really see parents taking there children to work and looking after them at their desk. NOT! How on earth is that benifical for the child, we will have children can be seen but not heard policys in the work place :panic:

Kats Kids
16-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Very interesting link :thumbsup:

Maybe I should have become a banker after all:laughing:

zippy
16-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Hahaha, love the couple who are in early 20,s earn 90k but can't afford to have a baby because of childcare costs are they for real they earn 90k but expect me to lower my £3.60 per hour costs, dream on love. Believe it or not it's not all about you.

rickysmiths
16-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Hahaha, love the couple who are in early 20,s earn 90k but can't afford to have a baby because of childcare costs are they for real they earn 90k but expect me to lower my £3.60 per hour costs, dream on love. Believe it or not it's not all about you.

Oh Zippy thats not very nice. They need their holidays and posh car and designer clothes etc why would you need to be able to feed your family for goodness sake :eek: get real :laughing:

rickysmiths
16-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I couldn't find the £90k pa but I feel sooo sorry for this couple life must be so hard for them.

They earn £150k pa and find it so hard paying £1500 a month in childcare for their twins and paying a mortgage on £600,00 house, they live in London.

jumping j
16-07-2012, 04:04 PM
I personally would like to see the children/old people care centres open up.
Mass nappy changes of young and old alike and plenty of liquidised food :laughing::laughing:

watgem
16-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I'd love to know where these nurseries are that pay their staff £8-£9 per hour are-that sounds like a more realistic rate for the responsibility practitioner's have, but the only people I know earning that kind of money work nights in the supermarket