PDA

View Full Version : Child at Nursery how would you charge for this?

clorogue
16-07-2012, 07:39 AM
I have a child going to Nursery 4 days a week in Sept. 2 days the mum will take her and I will collect at 12-5.30pm

2 days I will take her and collect at8.30-9.00 and 12 - 5.30pm

The 2 days I will take her I will charge full day - wrap around care.

But the 2 days mum will take her I was thinking of just charging my minimum rate per day, but saying that it is using up a space even if I am only collecting at 12.

How would you charge?

AliceK
16-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Personally I usually charge full fees for the time they are at nursery. For me it leaves me 2 and half hours when I could potentially have another child but realistically who will want a space between 9am and 11.30 which is the time I would have free so as I can't fill the space and as the child will most probably need a full day space in school hols / inset days etc then I charge.

xxx

rickysmiths
16-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Does the mum want full time care in the holidays? If so then I would charge full fee for all of it to keep the space for that child.

Mouse
16-07-2012, 08:41 AM
It depends how desperate you are to fill your spaces to maximum capacity.

Like you, I would charge for a full day for the days when you drop off & collect from nursery. For the other days I would charge from 11.30am (the time I leave to collect the child). It does mean I am not earning money for those few hours in the morning, but I am happy to have a quieter time & don't always want to be completely full all the time. If the child then needed to come for full days in the holidays I would obviously charge the additional amount then.

If you want to earn the most you can though, then it is perfectly reasonable to charge a retainer for those hours on the days when mum drops off at nursery. If they need you for full days during holidays they need to pay a retainer to keep the morning space open to them.

mushpea
16-07-2012, 10:47 AM
if she wanted her to come to you when the nursery is shut then I would charge full days if she dosent then really I dont see that you can justify charging the whole day, on the other hand if she wont pay for the morning then in the holidays at least you get a morning off and I certainly wouldnt take her in the holidays.

clorogue
16-07-2012, 12:42 PM
No my agreement is that I won't have having her in the holidays and I am happy with that.

I really do value your answers and I will have to think about it it is just that if I charge wrap around care for the days I take her because I can't fill that space between Nursery hours then I should charge when I am only collecting from 12 as I can't fill in those hours also if you see what I mean. Yet with other children I have always charged minimum rate when I just collect from Nursery (I charge minimum 6 hour charge). After all these years I am struggling with this one because there are two days different.

Debster
16-07-2012, 12:55 PM
If it was me I would not charge in the days mum takes her as you do not have her in the school holidays therefore the space could be filled

clorogue
16-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Thank you so much everyone, really helps to ask!

~Grasshopper~
16-07-2012, 05:07 PM
ive got a new nursery starter in sept and her big sis school drop off.

i have decided to charge my morning rate and my school pick up rate. it works out at only £6.50 less than i would charge for a full day child and i get a nice afternoon off, so im happy. ive not given a sibling discount so its worked out very expensive for the 2 children and im happy and so is mum.

my toddler mindee is going to join my ds2 at playgroup for 2 mornings a week in sept and ive offered to pay the playgroup fee's because its me that will be getting a break and my own son will love having his friend with him.

i have to justify it to myself and do what i feel comfortable with.

x