PDA

View Full Version : A very LONG saturday...

bezi123
15-07-2012, 08:40 PM
I had sibling mindees yesterday (sat) for there first 13 hr day, there mum works 12 hr shifts, so they got dropped off at 6:30am and went home at 7:30pm, I found it a really long day and hard work if I tell you what we did please can you give advice, ideas ,constructive criticism also welcome! They are a 7yr old girl and 9yr old boy.

6:30 - They were both tired so I thought they might like to chill out and watch a film, they picked 'dolphin tale' they watched it for half an hr then were clearly bored as they were up and down, wondering around etc.
7am breakfast
7:30 -we all played just dance on the wii
8:15 - boy continued to play on wii, girl filled in some of her 'all about me book' did some work in her scrap book. tried to encourage boy to join us but he wasn't interested.
8:45 - both played outside
9:30 - Went to country Park with dog, walked around some swamps looked for bugs etc. then it started torrential raining, we were along way from car, they didn't have wellies or waterproofs, to make it worse they both managed to fall over so they were drenched and muddy! this resulted in the girl moaning, being generally grumpy and walking very slowly so all in all a bit of a disastrous outing!
12pm home, clothes changed, lunch
12:30 played board games
1pm the wii went back on for the boy, girl did some more drawing, made an olympic torch.
2pm - Another play outside in the rain
3pm - my son came home from his das they all played with hot wheels
4pm - son and girl did a puzzle boy went back on the wii!!!
4:30 - Early tea
5pm-7:30 - We went out to see the Olympic torch which was in our town, got very wet again but boys loved it girl wasn't too fussed.
7:30 HOME TIME :clapping:

My theme for the day was meant to be the olympics to go with seeing the torch, so we did make the olympic torch and did a olympic quiz over dinner, had also planned olympic races but because of the rain this didn't happen.

Do you think it was wrong of me to let the boy play on the wii soo much? Ive tried asking him what he likes doing all I get as an answer is playing computer games. He's a very chatty boy so although he was on the wii we were still talking alot, he seems to really enjoy being at my house and didnt want to leave yesterday and kept telling me I was a great childminder, so I guess alsong as he's happy thats the main thing or should I do more to encourage him to join in crafts etc?:panic:

FussyElmo
16-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Ok if it was my children I would think that they have had a long week at school and so weekends are for relaxing just like it is for me.

I wouldnt be stressing too much about activites etc have them ready but dont bother if they dont want to do it.