PDA

View Full Version : How do you get out with 3 under 18m & only 1 walker??

acorns
15-07-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll soon have 3 under 18 months and am considering my transport options. Apart from a triple buggy, which I am reluctant to buy as I only bought my MB Duet in January, I thought of getting a buggypod for the lightest lo and just for the 10min school run. At other times I was thinking of staying close to home for now and using the MB Duet with my only walking one doing just that! Shame you can't get an extra seat for the Duet. If you have three such little ones how do you get out:)??

The Juggler
15-07-2012, 04:32 PM
i had to go for the triple. my school run is 20 mins each way and my 18m couldn't even manage the buggy board that far - her little legs were shaking. I've heard horrible things about buggypods falling off :panic: but I know others on here really like them and have had no problems.

How is your 18month with standing/walking? I had an 18 month before who was fine on a buggy board and loved it - maybe worth a try?

acorns
15-07-2012, 04:35 PM
I have two at 13 months and am looking to take on another under 1 as they are both well settled, unless someone comes along with an older child, but most of the enquiries I get are for under 1's and the space will fill quickly!

The Juggler
15-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I have two at 13 months and am looking to take on another under 1 as they are both well settled, unless someone comes along with an older child, but most of the enquiries I get are for under 1's and the space will fill quickly!

i think you would find it very hard to walk anywhere with them that young honey. Even at 18 months it's hard to walk far or at any speed with children even under 2 hon. I would certainly with mine 13, 18 and 20 months be VERY slow going anywhere with one of them walking.

I'd say 13 months is too young for a buggy board too. Def. go with the buggy pod or a triple. :)

LittleLegsCM
16-07-2012, 06:49 AM
how about a wrap sling/ carrier for the lightest?

you could put them in either a front or back carry and then the other 2 in a double?

VINASOL
16-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I have 3 under 3. I use a double buggy (safety 1st) and have a buggy pod. I know it's not to everyone's taste but it's perfect for me esp. on the school run :o)

VeggieSausage
16-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I used a triple one day a week for a while but I found it very cumbersome, I recommend you buy the cheapest triple you can find as in not that long off you won't need it. But yes what about a double and a sling?

Mouse
16-07-2012, 10:46 AM
When I had 3 non-walkers I used a tandem pushchair & a buggy pod. After my initial hesitations about the buggy pod, I actually quite liked it. I wouldn't want to use one with a side-by-side double though as it would be very wide (the reason I didn't want a triple!).

The other thing I have used is a 'seat to go'. It's like a buggy board, but the child can sit on it. I did try a traditional buggy board on my tandem pushchair, but it was uncomfortable for the child. Poor little thing's legs were shaking when he got off!

sophia36
16-07-2012, 11:13 AM
I have 3 under 18months at the moment. I use a P+T double and have a backcarrier. Its a very sturdy backcarrier, and because it has a thick strap that goes around my waist to support the weight it doesnt feel too heavy. It takes a while to load everyone up but everyone is comfy and safe!

funemnx
16-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I had 3 ynder 18m last winter and managed with the buggy board that they can sit on or my buggy pod - both worked well :thumbsup:

acorns
16-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Lots of ideas - thank you ladies. My 13mo is a good walker but quite little & i can see him not wanting to use the buggy for too long, which is another reason for not getting a triple, unless I can get one cheaply second hand.

natsplat
16-07-2012, 07:34 PM
I use a Phil & Ted's and an Ergo carrier - super comfortable to carry Children from very tiny up to my rather strapping 2 year old - and not too cumbersome to carry about when not in use. I've done this for nearly a year now and the added bonus is that my leg muscles are in the best shape ever! :clapping:

fluff1975
16-07-2012, 07:59 PM
I was going to suggest a back carrier too. We sold our Vaude one a few years ago and I could kick myself now. It was the best on the market at the time, incredibly comfy and I could carry my 3 year old with ease. I borrow one now and its great!

acorns
16-07-2012, 08:34 PM
I have 3 under 18months at the moment. I use a P+T double and have a backcarrier. Its a very sturdy backcarrier, and because it has a thick strap that goes around my waist to support the weight it doesnt feel too heavy. It takes a while to load everyone up but everyone is comfy and safe!

Can you get the little one into/out of the back carrier on your own? What make of back carrier do you use? thanks.... just thinking of the sight of me with babies in front & behind:) it'll raise lots of comments no doubt

PaulaR
17-07-2012, 08:31 AM
I have these ages on a monday and go to a toddler group where I can park outside. Takes all the stress out of the day

acorns
17-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I have these ages on a monday and go to a toddler group where I can park outside. Takes all the stress out of the day

Yes, I have that too fortunately, but also need to be able to get to school and back (10mins walk)

winstonian
17-07-2012, 05:46 PM
I've got a triple but mostly use my Phil and Teds and a ring sling. Its great. This lo has been with me since he was 8 months and is now quite a hefty 17 months but has always been in the sling so is used to it. So a 17m and 15m in the Phil and Teds and my 17m little love in the sling.

gegele
17-07-2012, 06:12 PM
i got a double buggy and buggy board.