PDA

View Full Version : should i do - what to charge?

taiwallis
10-06-2008, 07:46 PM
hi guys, been offline for a while - quick question -i have been asked to cover for a 12 yr old girl for 5 days - including 2 weekend days - about 8am till 6pm while her mum is at a conference - they are coming from down south, and i am up north - what would you charge for an ad hoc basis such as this - any deposit so not messed around? i wouldnt normally do but she is desperate.! any help i would appreciate. must get back to her tomorrow!! many many thanks for any who replies! xxx

berkschick
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I would have a look to see what the fees would be in the area she lives in and then base it on that.

crazybones
10-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I would charge your normal hourly rate for the week days and double time for the weekend. You could maybe ask them to send the money upfront so it clears by first day of minding.

breezy
10-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I would charge your normal hourly rate for the week days and double time for the weekend. You could maybe ask them to send the money upfront so it clears by first day of minding.

sounds like a good way to go :thumbsup:

foxy lady
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM

yep i think i would go with this

jaja
11-06-2008, 10:50 AM
I would charge you normal hourly rate, double at weekend and i would want the money up front either cheque two weeks before, allowing time to clear in bank or cash on the first day, whatever suits you really. please let us know what happens, good luck xxxx

katickles
11-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah this sounds fair to me - good luck :)