PDA

View Full Version : LEFT THINKING WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT

little stars ch
13-07-2012, 07:44 PM
hi new parent came to see me not that long ago went a bit like this

hi am child a mum ive been in touch about the baby sitting :mad:
then we walked to the living she then said
i may need you monday and saturdays not sure yet maybe friday not every week only as and when yes any how thankyou am off to watch corrie now

everything about this whole meeting was wrong she was here less than 5 mins didnt seem to take in what am saying and went

anyhow ive sent her away with a parent pack to read through child 18 months old

how would any of you deal with all this ?
if the child comes am i able to charge for a min of 16 hrs ? as she said he would be here maybe 6 or 8 hours twice a week then started saying maybe at 7.40am or dad may bring later

am lost for words

Pipsqueak
13-07-2012, 07:49 PM
How would I deal with it -

invite her back and make sure she understand you are NOT a babysitter and this is how XYZ it works.

I would proceed with caution and explain expalain explain - highlighting stuff out of your procedures

I would take a non refundable , deductable against the FINAL fees deposit/advance payment
and yes i would charge for minimum hours!

md0u0131
13-07-2012, 08:09 PM
what is in your info pack? hopefully she'll get the impression form that you are a childminder NOT A BABYSITTER!

little stars ch
13-07-2012, 08:12 PM
what is in your info pack? hopefully she'll get the impression form that you are a childminder NOT A BABYSITTER!

everything was in it and the new eyfs parent letter we now hand out so hopefully :)

caz3007
13-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hopefully not your registration number

little stars ch
14-07-2012, 06:03 AM
Hopefully not your registration number

hi know i didnt add this on only when they sign :)

Bridey
14-07-2012, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't take the job, however, if you are happy to work ad hoc hours, at weekends with such an ignorant parent then make sure you get cash in advance.

I just think that if they 'smell' of trouble the very first time you meet them then that is what you are going to get from them :(

The Juggler
15-07-2012, 04:37 PM
i think I would be 'full' when she calls back ;)