PDA

View Full Version : 3 high chairs alternatives!

tinyp164
13-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Evening!

I have 3 under 2 at the moment (19mths, 11mths, 13mths) have 2 high chairs (the youngest two) and a childrens table (19mth old) and I (at a squeeze!) sit at. However, I have been looking to get rid of the high chairs as there isnt much space to be able to store them. I have looked at the booster seats but would these fit on to childrens furnature? Also looked at the clip on ones as we have an island where they could attach to and then a booster for the eldest. I don't have schoolies to much hassle at the moment so dont need to worry about them right now.

Any advice?? Which would you choose??

x

pollyw
13-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I know you have said that your are wanting to get rid of the highchairs but I have some from IKEA. They are stackable so only take the space of one highchair and then you can take the legs out when not in use. I find their ideal and were reasonabliy priced.

jumping j
13-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I have booster seats at a normal table, I use them for all ages, they stack under the table so can be taken off if I need my chairs back. The straps that fasten them on to a chair are adjustable but I don't know if they'd fit at a child's table

Twinkles
13-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I have 3 highchairs and when that's not enough ( I work with DH )
we use the booster seats with trays attached but just sit them on the floor.

md0u0131
13-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I just use the booster seats on normal chairs too. Although all of mine now like using big chairs if they get a choice!

loocyloo
13-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I just use the booster seats on normal chairs too. Although all of mine now like using big chairs if they get a choice!

same here.

i also have a couple of tripp trapp type chairs that my own children still use and a friend has just given me a couple of those 'normal' looking chairs, but with longer legs :D they all fight over who is going to sit where and on which chair! :laughing:

Helen Dempster
13-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I've got 'Munchkin' booster seats at my dining room table that I use - adjustable straps. They're easy to clean and have a carry handle on so you can take 'em anywhere. I'm not sure they'd fit on a child's chair though, as I think they'd be too wide.

sarahjane
14-07-2012, 02:06 AM
I don't use high chairs at all, I have a community playthings table and chairs that I use from babies up to 2/3 year olds depending on their size.

VeggieSausage
14-07-2012, 10:35 AM
i use Ikea stacking ones too....

The Juggler
15-07-2012, 08:07 AM
i use Ikea stacking ones too....

me too. they just stack neatly away of an evening and weekend :thumbsup:

tinyp164
15-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Thank you sooo much for all of your reply's! It has given me lots to think about :)
I have one of the IKEA ones already and I do like it so maybe this is the way forward!
Thank you lovlies! :D

LittleLegsCM
16-07-2012, 06:46 AM
I don't use highchairs either, I use the booster seats that strap to the normal dining chairs. The LOs are still strapped in safe etc just means it takes up less room when not in use.

I do have my son's highchair in the loft though for if I ever get a very young LO who may not be best in a booster.

Mummits
16-07-2012, 08:29 AM
I have Mothercare boosters on normal dining chairs. I don't think they would be safe on children's chairs as the chair needs to be wide enough and heavy enough not to tip over if the toddler leans over or flings themselves about.