PDA

View Full Version : 'stay sane raise happy children'

loocyloo
13-07-2012, 12:54 PM
just read this article.

sounds like the ideal book to give to some parents ;)

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/kids/interview-nigel-latta-author-of-the-politically-incorrect-parenting-book-stay-sane-raise-happy-children/

Ripeberry
13-07-2012, 01:06 PM
That sounds like a good read :thumbsup: One of my parents needs this I think.
When she collects her kids its always a battle to get them in the car. One wants to put the music on and puts it up at full volume! The younger one hates the car seat (loves mine) and will scream and arch to get out of it, but then it's one of those stage 3-4 seats with a 'wedge' that jams him in. It does look uncomfortable. They always take over 10 minutes just to leave. All because they don't like to have them screaming, but they are already crying so what's the point?
When the dad collects it can be over 20 mins as the kids have to 'play driving cars, go in the boot and do other stuff. If the routine is not done its pure hell with constant screaming...
But they don't do that with me, I sometimes feel sorry for the parents but its their rod and they made it. Oh yes and a third baby is on the way...can only get..worse? :eek:

AliceK
13-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Oh yes I know of some parents who really really need to read this.

He sounds like my kind of good parent :thumbsup: Old fashioned common sense.

xxxx

Carol M
13-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Love it, will order it and leave by noticeboard for parents to borrow.
Sometimes I just want to scream " Get a grip" at parents.
Carol xx

Boris
13-07-2012, 02:59 PM
When she collects her kids its always a battle to get them in the car. One wants to put the music on and puts it up at full volume! The younger one hates the car seat (loves mine) and will scream and arch to get out of it, but then it's one of those stage 3-4 seats with a 'wedge' that jams him in. It does look uncomfortable. They always take over 10 minutes just to leave. All because they don't like to have them screaming, but they are already crying so what's the point?
When the dad collects it can be over 20 mins as the kids have to 'play driving cars, go in the boot and do other stuff. If the routine is not done its pure hell with constant screaming...
But they don't do that with me, I sometimes feel sorry for the parents but its their rod and they made it. Oh yes and a third baby is on the way...can only get..worse? :eek:

One of mine does this too! I don't know what that's all about. The other day she made a big fuss about being in a rush and then sat LO on her lap in the car pretending to drive for 5 mins before wrestling her into car seat! :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
13-07-2012, 04:18 PM

Been there, watched it, listened to it and got the tee shirt.
:laughing::laughing:

The same children are never any problem at all getting in and out of my car :rolleyes:

miffy
13-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Love it - made me laugh. Wouldn't mind reading the book myself.

Miffy xx