PDA

View Full Version : after school wanted holiday space

fatima
12-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Need advice for sept 2013 i have a mindee who is currently with me and goes to nursery 2 hours a day of which I charge a Full day, and I will charge the same this sept as he is with me from 7am until 6pm but will be in school 9-11, He is always with me every school holidays, When he goes to school full time in Sept 2013 mum still wants school holidays and if there is teacher training etc, would you still charge a full day in order to guarantee mum the space???? what is the norm, don't know what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

cathtee
12-07-2012, 09:57 PM
When I have a lo move to full time school I just charge the hours they are with me, pre and after school, as he will be in your 5-8 bracket you will be able to take on another full timer in your under 5's, then charge the full day for the school holidays.

Hope this helps:)

lozzy23
12-07-2012, 11:14 PM
When I have a lo move to full time school I just charge the hours they are with me, pre and after school, as he will be in your 5-8 bracket you will be able to take on another full timer in your under 5's, then charge the full day for the school holidays.

This is what I do:thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
13-07-2012, 05:34 AM

Snap :) :thumbsup:

md0u0131
13-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Same as cathtee too x

JCrakers
13-07-2012, 09:25 AM
All my schoolies are on term time only contracts. I charge 8-9am and 3-5pm or 6pm.

School holidays are adhoc and I take them if I have space so they need to tell me with notice if they need me or not. Then I charge accordingly.

All my under 5's are charged all year through unless they state they want term time only,which is usually teachers

I think if I charged while they were at school I wouldn't have any school children as I don't think parents would be willing to pay

fatima
13-07-2012, 11:56 PM

Thanks for the advice Cath if i take on another one I would not be able to take mindee in question and mindee has a sibling with me under 5 and for the 3 days they are with me i am full on my numbers so would only be able to take another under 5 till 3pm term time and there is no demand for term time only were I am. But I can fill the 3 days till 3pm but then mum would be stuck school holidays unless I can get a variation for school holidays only? or charge mum in question, and I currently only have kids on the above days as been unable to get any kids monday and friday so can't afford to turn business away or as the saying goes bite the hand that feeds you, just worried what best to do as I have a son who I need to put through College next year. Have you been in this situation before any advice greatly appreciated.:idea: