PDA

View Full Version : follow on ideas for bubble blowing?

loocyloo
12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
hello!

mindees aged 17 & 34mths have spent last half hour blowing bubbles! we've used big and small 'holes' to blow through, as well as multi-holed blowers!

i'd like to extend their play but how? !!! i can't think where to go next!

apart from maybe blowing paint across paper for the older mindee.

i'm also going to find my bubble machine, but its the blowing & making their own bubbles they are enjoying, not so fussed about catching them!

thank you x

PixiePetal
12-07-2012, 03:25 PM
http://www.bigeyedowl.co.uk/painting-activities.htm

first couple on here ?- other ideas for other times too :)

lisa1968
12-07-2012, 03:52 PM
bubble painting-mix water with paint and washing up liquid in bowls,blow into it with straws then place paper over the top!quick and easy!!;)

mama2three
12-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Tuff spot with a bit of washing up liquid and 1cm or so of water , and giant straws ( poundland / homebargains) and they spend ages blowing bubbles. Giant straws are best as they are so long it doesnt go into mouths if they forget to blow and suck instead!

md0u0131
12-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Other blowing activities, that sounds rude!:blush:

- blowing ping pong balls on water with straws
- paint blowing pictures
- giant hoops for bubbles made of wire loops or every day objects like whisks, colanders (can't spell that word!)

Different scented bubbles

Perhaps other wind activities - kites, wind socks, ribbons twirling

green puppy
12-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Using different sized funnels works well as you can blow the bubbles slowly and they bounce around before shrinking or popping.

PixiePetal
12-07-2012, 07:23 PM
I bought some bubble blowing pots which look like ice cream cones - didn't realise till last week when we opened them they were scented - chocolate and strawberry :thumbsup:

blow football? if old enough

loocyloo
12-07-2012, 09:52 PM
thank you everyone :clapping:

some great ideas :D

(not sure i like the sound of chocolate scented bubbles! :laughing: 17mth old is only just not putting everything it her mouth!)

hectors house
13-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Some great ideas and links, will definitely try some of them - I did buy a bubble blower machine from Sainsbury's a couple of years ago, but found it used a set of batteries in about an hour and you can't use rechargeable batteries in it - is it normal to use batteries this quick (they were good quality batteries)?