PDA

View Full Version : how many of you

mushpea
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
charge a retainer or depostit if somone wanted to sign up now for october?

I only ask that parents sign the contracts but just wonded if I am missing out?

cara1235
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I would take a deposit if the space wasnt available until October, however if the space is available now and they want it for october i would charge some sort of retainer or tell them they will have to contact you nearer the time to see if the space is still available if they dont want to pay anything x

miffy
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
I would always take four weeks fees as a deposit - non-refundable if they don't take up the place on the agreed date. I use the deposit as the first months fees.

Very rarely I've charged a retainer but usually I don't have the space free anyway so a deposit suits me better. I think once you ask people to part with their money, it sorts out those who are serious about wanting a space.:D

Miffy xx

Blaze
12-07-2012, 03:11 PM
I would take a deposit if the space wasnt available until October, however if the space is available now and they want it for october i would charge some sort of retainer or tell them they will have to contact you nearer the time to see if the space is still available if they dont want to pay anything x

Same!:thumbsup:

Blaze
12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I would always take four weeks fees as a deposit - non-refundable if they don't take up the place on the agreed date. I use the deposit as the first months fees.

Very rarely I've charged a retainer but usually I don't have the space free anyway so a deposit suits me better. I think once you ask people to part with their money, it sorts out those who are serious about wanting a space.:D

Miffy xx

My deposit system is the same as Miffy's:thumbsup:

JCrakers
12-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I always take a deposit which is a percentage of the first bill. So a parent wanting 1 day from october would pay a months fee deposit and a parent wanting a full time place from October would only pay a percentage of the monthly fee...say £150

Then I take this off the first payment when they start

winstonian
12-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Same as Miffy :)

The Juggler
12-07-2012, 06:55 PM
i couldn't afford to only have half fees from now to October (not at the moment anyway).

But def. a deposit and if I could afford it def. a retainer fee. Def. wouldn't hold it for nothing. :panic:

Daftbat
12-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Miffy xx

This is what I do too