PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5 ...

bec123
12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I've just been informed that as of September Rising 5 will not be applicable anymore. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? I've not had any training on the New EYFS for September so this has come as a bit of a shock. I've got a little one signed up to start in September she's 4 and will be starting school full time (won't be 5 til Feb 2013) - if this is the case I'll be over my numbers as I was classing her as a Rising 5 - someone please help !!!

Katiekoo
12-07-2012, 01:24 PM
No really? Oh dear I'm in the same boat then :eek:

christine e
12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Who had told you this? I could be quite rude about them but perhaps I should remain professional and refer them to the:

Take a look at 3.40 in the Statutory Requirements and I quote

If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not excess six.

:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I did wonder about this ....

am off to email ofsted

sarah707
12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
I imagine what they are saying is that the rising 5 statement will not be on your certificate any more :idea:

This is because your certificate will state how many children under 8 you can care for.

The ages will be for you to work out using the EYFS 2012 ratios requirements as your guide.

The requirement highlighted by Christine is relevant to rising 5s.

Hth :D

christine e
12-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Who had told you this? I could be quite rude about them but perhaps I should remain professional and refer them to the:

Take a look at 3.40 in the Statutory Requirements and I quote

If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not excess six.

:thumbsup:

That should say 'exceed' six:blush: