PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep yours???

LittleLegsCM
12-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Where do you keep your emergency contact cards when out & about???

I normally keep mine in the small first aid kit that I carry around in my changing bag.
However, while just updating one of the cards, it dawned on me that if I was to have an accident, would someone actually check inside the FA kit if, for example they had their own & had no need for further aid???

But then, wherever they are put, would someone really dig into your stuff that much to look for something that realistically they wouldnt know they were looking for? (as in, they didnt know you were a CM & assumed the children with you were yours).

Am I thinking too much into it?? :blush:

EmmaReed84
12-07-2012, 10:24 AM
If you were one your own with children and something happened to you that you were unable to speak, paramedics would usually check your phone and/or purse to see who you are.

In my phone I have the letters "ICE" in front of DH's name which is "In Case of Emergency" also in my purse in the see through plastic bit I have a laminated card which says I am a CM and where info can be found.

LittleLegsCM
12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
If you were one your own with children and something happened to you that you were unable to speak, paramedics would usually check your phone and/or purse to see who you are.

In my phone I have the letters "ICE" in front of DH's name which is "In Case of Emergency" also in my purse in the see through plastic bit I have a laminated card which says I am a CM and where info can be found.

My husbands name has always been under 'ICE' but didnt think of the purse thing, think I'll steal that idea. Thanks x

JCrakers
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a card inside my purse which shows through a window.

It says something like. I am a childcare professional (;) get you!!) and the children in my care may not be mine. Please contact......dh's mobile number

EmmaReed84
12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
My husbands name has always been under 'ICE' but didnt think of the purse thing, think I'll steal that idea. Thanks x

lol steal away. I was advised by my renal consultant to do it, it was orignally a card with all my health problems and all the medications and dosages on... I just adapted it for CM lol

~Grasshopper~
12-07-2012, 10:58 AM
i have a plastic wallet inside my emergency bag that lives under the pram (spare nappies, tissues, first aid kit ect) it has the mm contact sheet.

in my blackberry all parents are listed as eg john ~ sophies dad. ect

in my purse is the mm card thats says im a childminder and the children may not be mine with my partners contact details.

x

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a small pale blue photo book and it is in a pocket or in my handbag as I think those are the first places someone would look in an emergency.

I don't think they would look in a First Aid Kit.

I teach the children from day one that I have my Blue book and phone and they know their photos and mum and dads phone numbers are in the book.

I have my husbands number in my phone under ICE

I don't identify the children's parents numbers with the children's names because if my phone was lost as they are listed with their own names no one would know I was a cm and have anymore access to the children's parents than any other number.

If they contact my husband he would lead them to the blue book or would be able to tell them the names of the parents of the children with me on any day.

AliceK
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
I have a small pale blue photo book and it is in a pocket or in my handbag as I think those are the first places someone would look in an emergency.

I don't think they would look in a First Aid Kit.

I teach the children from day one that I have my Blue book and phone and they know their photos and mum and dads phone numbers are in the book.

I have my husbands number in my phone under ICE

I don't identify the children's parents numbers with the children's names because if my phone was lost as they are listed with their own names no one would know I was a cm and have anymore access to the children's parents than any other number.

If they contact my husband he would lead them to the blue book or would be able to tell them the names of the parents of the children with me on any day.

I always had my OH under ICE in my phone but when I went on my 1st Aid course a few weeks ago I asked them about it and they said it doesn't make any difference they don't look for it they look at your call list and will call someone you have called / has called you.

xxxx

EmmaReed84
12-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I always had my OH under ICE in my phone but when I went on my 1st Aid course a few weeks ago I asked them about it and they said it doesn't make any difference they don't look for it they look at your call list and will call someone you have called / has called you.

xxxx

LOL well the last person I called was national windscreens to complain :laughing: Person bepore that was Admiral, then before that was inland revenue :laughing:

jelly15
12-07-2012, 11:34 AM
My DH is under ICE and my emergancy contact cards are in my hand/changing bag.

AliceK
12-07-2012, 12:22 PM
LOL well the last person I called was national windscreens to complain :laughing: Person bepore that was Admiral, then before that was inland revenue :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: That's going to help then :panic:

xxxx

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 01:07 PM

xxxx

Ha Ha so what if I just called the hairdresser or the plumber? That would make an interesting conversation wouldn't it. What a ridiculous thing to say. The First Aid trainer not you :laughing:

The only time I have been involved in an incident the emergency worker with me first looked for an ICE number.

AliceK
12-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Ha Ha so what if I just called the hairdresser or the plumber? That would make an interesting conversation wouldn't it. What a ridiculous thing to say. The First Aid trainer not you :laughing:

The only time I have been involved in an incident the emergency worker with me first looked for an ICE number.

That's interesting then. I'd better put OH back as ICE then :thumbsup:

xxxx

rickysmiths
12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
[/B]

That's interesting then. I'd better put OH back as ICE then :thumbsup:

xxxx

I also have him under Husband because they will look for obvious relatives.

My teenagers have both of us in ICE and listed as MOTHER and FATHER

Vickster
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
My husband is I C E in my phone and the emergency contact details are in my First Aid Kit, maybe I should re-think this!

Katiekoo
12-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I keep cards in my wallet out of view and put a sticker saying 'I am a childminder the children with me may not be my own their details are in the pocket below.'

SandCastles
12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
I have a photo album in my nappy bag under the pram with photos dob and contact details for their parents doctor names and doctor phones. In my purse I have the "I'm a childminder find my photo album" and my husband is ICE baby so will be changing that to husband and sometimes we walk and the bag doesn't come with us. Will have to rethink this.

PixiePetal
12-07-2012, 03:13 PM
I have ICE husband and ICE Sharon in my phone - she is my best friend, fellow CM and knows my families and children - would take them in an emergency. She is also probably the one I call or text most :thumbsup:

I keep my emergency details in my handbag - a kipling bag found slung across my body at all times when out :)

toddlers896
12-07-2012, 03:33 PM
I have a laminated card attached to my keys. On one side it says "the kids with me are not my own and my next of kins details and back ups details" and on the other side it has the parents phone numbers of the kids i have in my care.
:)

md0u0131
12-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I love the photo album idea. So simple.

I currently have a card for each child in my purse - which started off OK but now my purse is full of them!

pillows
12-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Does anyone carry the childrens emergency consent form with them?:)

The Juggler
12-07-2012, 08:59 PM
i don't carry a purse or bag with me. I have a bag with nappies, clothes etc. and a first aid box - always in the buggy. in here I have emergency card saying I'm a CM, and cards with contact details and permission for emergency treatment for all mindees.

My phone has an ICE to my husand:thumbsup:

cathtee
12-07-2012, 09:06 PM
I carry the emergency consent forms in my changing bag, along with dh being ICE on my phone screen just touch and rings him :thumbsup: I alson have my emergency contact number with consent forms

mr man
12-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I have a small photo book, on the front I've taped a piece of paper saying
I am a a childminder and the children with me may not be my own.
Pls contact dh......... Or sister ............

And inside each photo bit is a typed up piece with child name, dob, doc, allergies, mum contact, dad contact, emergency contact. And then a small passport photo of them ( with the date on just I case I've not updated for a few months)
When they come to collect them they can then match the signature.

This Is a bright purple book, ( £1 shop literally size of a postcard) kid know its in my back pack. I only ever use my back back when Im working.