PDA

View Full Version : New mindees.

SimplyLucy
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Well at last today has a silver lining!

I had an enquiry for a before and after schooler to start in September. The mum has just popped round and asked if I can start at the beginning of July instead! Their childminder (friend of mine) at the mo is going into hospital so can't see the school term out.

I'm going to have the under 8 plus her 11 yr old sibling for July, before and after school.......mum is coming to do the contracts tomorrow.

Do they need a full poilcy pack and all the consent forms for just before and after schoolers or do you just do a basic pack. Just seems to me that some of it will be totally irrelevant?

kellsbells
10-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi and well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It's great getting your first mindees especially when theres 2 siblings! (the same happened to me! ;-) )

You should def do contract/permission slips, like you said some of it might be irrelevant however the record sheet is good to have, it's good to know what the children like/dislike etc

As long as you advise her of your policies and get her to sign to that effect, that should be all you need.

xx

miffy
10-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Congratulations - glad your day picked up after all :)

miffy xx

sarah707
10-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Good to hear the day has improved!

I do a more basic pack for after schoolers, but still get info about them, contract, permissions etc. :D

SimplyLucy
10-06-2008, 05:27 PM
I've just found some contracts that only cover for 28 days (knew they'd be handy one day!), so that'll be ideal for the older sibling as hers is only temp because she starts secondary school in September.

What do you include in a basic pack Sarah?

I have the DCMA permission forms that cover Emergency med, photos and transport. I guess that'll be fine for permission forms.

What policys will they need..........thinking it might be easier to hand over the lot as I have a book already bound. There is only 14 :eek: and they are all kind of important! :D

I'm really quite excited and it's only for and hour and a quarter 3 mornings a week until September!

sarah707
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
I use my own paperwork so I've pared down the stuff I use for little ones and taken out the obviously not relevant things like nappy change information and permissions for sleeping in a buggy etc.

I want child information forms, contracts, permissions for all children.

I'd give a precis of my policies and procedures and all parents get a welcome pack - the ones for older children talk more about behavoiur management and writing behaviour agreements, independent arrival and departure, that kind of thing :D

katickles
10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Thats great news - well done you :)

Alibali
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Lots of good news today! Well done.

Ali x

breezy
10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
well done you, thats good news :clapping:

crazybones
10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Fab news :thumbsup:

foxy lady
10-06-2008, 08:35 PM
well done:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

berkschick
10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Well done!

Before/after schoolers are like gold dust around here!

jaja
10-06-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah am glad your day got better xxxx

ruby
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
thats great news glad your day had got better
cathy

Trouble
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
well done great news