PDA

View Full Version : gave notice

adele1985
11-07-2012, 08:22 AM
i gave notice to one of my mindees on monday ( as and when contract) when i told her she didnt really react but then when i was trying to make converstation with her she just didnt seem intrested and started playing on her phone. mindee didnt have a very good day at school on monday she was having a few issiues with friends, mums comment was "well you will learn that in life they are people who just take you for everything you have got and they are not worth the dirt on your shoe" would you say that was a dig lol

I did explain my reasons for giving notice ( got a child starting so wouldnt be able to get to school in time as its a 15 min drive) and i even offerd to help her find her another minder

it was my birthday yesterday and after monday i wasent expecting anything lol but she didnt even say happy birthday or thanks for the goody bag i gave mindees

I didnt think she would be like this as shes normally really chatty - ive got another 2 weeks of this :(

on the other hand one of my parents have just broughr me a big bunch of flowers, a chocolate cake and a £25 gift voucher for my birthday so feel a bit better

Bridey
11-07-2012, 08:27 AM
If she thinks handing you a few pounds an hour for looking after her child constitutes you taking her for all she has got and giving nothing return then she has a serious problem!

I would just keep smiling, keep my mouth shut and hope the next two weeks pass as quickly as possible. She's obviously taken it as a personal rejection which, sometimes us minders can do too - we're in an emotive business. Don't take it to heart.

It was my birthday last week and the only parent who acknowledged it was one I've worked for only a few weeks! All the ones I've worked for years and years totally ignored the fact.... so I didn't offer them cake!

BucksCM
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
It always amazes me how parents can turn so nasty so quickly!!
If it were the other way round and she had to leave you can bet your bottom dollar she'd have no problems telling you!!:angry:

When I was a nanny years ago i gave notice as i was moving in with boyfriend and changing jobs...on my last day the mother kept her children upstairs with her and wouldn't let me say goodbye to them!! I'd been there 2 years!!

MAWI
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
In exactly the same boat as you. Gave notice on Monday. The parent who I thought would be most supportive has been down right rude and ignorant.

It's so difficult. My husband keeps telling me not to worry and look at it from a business point of view, but that's easier said than done because it is personal.

The fact is some parents can only think about themselves and look after number one. Whereas we worry about all our children and families when these dilemmas come up.

They seem to forget about all the childminding you 'have' done for them and concentrate on what you 'will not' be doing.

I am going to stay professional, only talk to said parent about the child/ren, smile, nod politely, close the door and then SCREAM and curse and blow all the stress away.

Chin up, it will be over soon. I've got 3 weeks left of it:):):)

Bridey
11-07-2012, 08:30 AM
The best way to get your own back is to act completely oblivious to their bad attitude and be your cheery normal selves :D

WibbleWobble
11-07-2012, 08:34 AM
wave and smile....wave and smile..

silly woman

mandy xxx

BucksCM
11-07-2012, 08:35 AM
P.s. :birthday:Happy Birthday for yesterday!!
:birthday:

greenfields
11-07-2012, 09:13 AM
The best way to get your own back is to act completely oblivious to their bad attitude and be your cheery normal selves :D

Spot on! Pretend you haven't even noticed what she's doing. It'll really annoy her to think you've not even noticed her efforts! :p

nipper
11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Kill her with kindness (as known as getting one over on her );)

FussyElmo
11-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Not excusing mums attitude but prehaps she is upset as she found the care you provided was excellent and doesnt want to leave :)

adele1985
11-07-2012, 05:07 PM
well mum collected today and announced that tomorrow is going to be her last day as shes made other childcare arrangments

Bridey
11-07-2012, 05:16 PM
I hope she realises she still has to pay you for your notice period? I would ask her to confirm that she is leaving tomorrow in writing as I can see a potential dispute looming :(

adele1985
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
no as its only as and whhen carei provide she dosent need to give notice, im quite pleased to be honest as mindee is very hard work at times and the school is 20 mins drive away so will save in petrol

Bridey
11-07-2012, 07:25 PM
In that case I would put a huge smile on my face and be really, really happy and nice tomorrow :)

You sound better off without the whole thing, relax and enjoy!

adele1985
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
well today was mindees last day so i made a card with other mindees this morning, put all her work in a nice folder for her and made up a goody bag with felt-tips,notebook,moshi monster blind bag and sweets

i gave her them wen mum collected she gave me a cuddle and said thanks :)

mum on the other hand didnt speak a word to me for the full time she was in the house :rolleyes:

nice to be appriciated lol