PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the tax form ...?

vix84
10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi, Im going to ring the tax helpline later, but thought Id see if anyone here had the answers before I ring them with my long list!

In the Business Details, question 8 - date your books or accounts start - I started C.minding in the September ut registered and brought stuff in the April ish, so I have put down 06/04/2007 - is this right?

Question 9 - Date your books or accounts are made up to or the end of accounting period? I have just put 05/04/2008 - is this right?

Business income, question 14 - Your turnover - is this my income - 10% wear and tear, or just the total income?

Business Expenses - Do we need to split the expenses into the catergories?! I was just going to put the total in box 30 - total expenses, but am wondering if I should break it down into the catergories?

Thats all for now :) :panic:

vix84
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Ignore the business expenses bit - just read that it says if income is less than £30k just put total in box 30!:blush:

sarah707
10-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi, Im going to ring the tax helpline later, but thought Id see if anyone here had the answers before I ring them with my long list!

In the Business Details, question 8 - date your books or accounts start - I started C.minding in the September ut registered and brought stuff in the April ish, so I have put down 06/04/2007 - is this right?

Question 9 - Date your books or accounts are made up to or the end of accounting period? I have just put 05/04/2008 - is this right?

Yes, it should be a full year, minus a day

Business income, question 14 - Your turnover - is this my income - 10% wear and tear, or just the total income?

Total income - wear and tear is one of your expenses

Business Expenses - Do we need to split the expenses into the catergories?! I was just going to put the total in box 30 - total expenses, but am wondering if I should break it down into the catergories?

Thats all for now :) :panic:

Unless you have income from shares, stocks, bank interest, taxable benefits etc they are only interested in 3 figures...

1. Total income - everything you have earned;

2. Total expenses - wear and tear, food, outings etc etc;

3. Total after expenses ie. 1 - 2 = 3. :D

vix84
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, Ive spoken to the tax office and have answered those questions, I now need to wait for an extra sheet for the employers section as I nannied untill September - there was me thinking I could do it all today in one go! I did apply to get code to do it online, but dont think I want to brave that yet for my first time!

Also got to dig out bank statements etc. for the net fro interest etc.! Whats that about?! Ive paid tax on savings etc. so i dont understand why I need to put that down.
What if I cant find all the statements etc. do I have to ring the bank or something?!

littletreasures
10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Is this for 2007/2008 as well as 2008/2009. Just trying to get my head round tax for last year.

littletreasures