PDA

View Full Version : Remind me never

kellib
10-07-2012, 06:20 PM
to go to soft play in the summer holidays again!! :eek:

It was hell on earth today, older kids in the baby section, not listening when being told to get out, hurting the babies, no parents watching them etc!!

Expected it to be busy as it's done nothing but rain here since schools broke up :rolleyes: but omg never again!! :laughing:

I want my quiet toddler sessions back!! :laughing:

cathtee
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Oh no don't say that! I've just arranged to go on the first day of hols week on monday, lets hope mums won't choose the first day too:eek:

Roseolivia
10-07-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't go when it's the holidays, we find other things to do instead.

kellib
10-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't go when it's the holidays, we find other things to do instead.

That's all good and well when all parks etc aren't flooded :laughing:

charleyfarley
10-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Our soft play is elite for us :thumbsup: we go every Monday but there's only normally 3 of us that go with 6 children. It's only small but it suits us and the los :thumbsup:

Carol xx

mrs c
10-07-2012, 10:59 PM
I went today - most schools here have not yet started their hols. However there was a family of 3 there with a school age child who kept going in and out of the play area and being taller he could reach and operate the gate and kept leaving it open. I explained to him why the gate had to be kept closed but he kept going in and out. His mum never said anything. :angry: Just makes yet another area for me to have to keep an eye on!

jumpinjen
11-07-2012, 04:52 AM
I went to one last week and returned to our table to get the baby's drink to find a boy sitting at our table eating my daughter's apple - he couldn't give a stuff when I told him off and his mother hadn't a clue what he was up to :angry:

Rebecca Foster
11-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Where i live, its like that all of the time :panic:

rickysmiths
11-07-2012, 06:38 AM
I never go anyway I hate them. Smelly horrible places. I never took my own children either aren't I horrible :laughing:

There are some things the parents can do if they choose!

ziggy
11-07-2012, 06:53 AM
I went last wednesday expecting it to be very busy but was strangely quiet. Maybe the 8euro per child puts people off!!!!!!!

Must admit staff at our local one are very good at keeping an eye on things. In fact my mindee was politely reminded to keep football in older age area:blush:

Would it be worth mentioning to staff if older children are in toddler section?

kellib
11-07-2012, 08:31 AM
I went last wednesday expecting it to be very busy but was strangely quiet. Maybe the 8euro per child puts people off!!!!!!!

Must admit staff at our local one are very good at keeping an eye on things. In fact my mindee was politely reminded to keep football in older age area:blush:

Would it be worth mentioning to staff if older children are in toddler section?

It was mentioned to staff (grass that I am :laughing:) and they sorted it pretty quickly every time, if only kids listened the first time they were told something eh?:rolleyes:

Another parent tried to get the older kids to leave as they were in danger of hurting her baby and she was told by a child no more than 5 years old to 'relax!' shouldn't laugh at that because of the cheek but it was just so unexpected :laughing:

fionamadcat
11-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I'd planned to go to 1 today too but mindees are off sick. I'd planned to be there for 9.30 in the hope it wouldn't be too busy and we could get back home for lunch, maybe I should be glad we didn't get to go!

md0u0131
11-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I hate those places at anytime, my own kids don't go either!