View Full Version : Quick bit of advice please re mindees eye

10-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I have a two year old mindee today. She was playing happily this morning, came up to me rubbing her eye and since then her eye looks really angry and is streaming. I had a look, but cant see anything in it. Rinsed it with eye wash but it still looks very sore, and you can see it is uncomfortable for her. Not much else I can do, I am guessing she had some dust in it or something and rubbed it which has scratched the front of her eye. Would you, and if so how, document this? I obviously will mention to mum when she picks up but should I record it somewhere? Not an accident as such so shouldnt think it would need an accident form but a bit unsure whether I need to note it? Help please!! :)

10-07-2012, 02:22 PM
I would fill in a accident form as it is for any injury a child may get in your care. In this case the child has got a sore eye, and it will mean that the parents needs to know as much information about when it started, how it happened etc in case she needs to get any medical attention for it, and so that she can give her child the proper care when she gets home.

I always just explain to parents the reason i am filling in a accident/injury form is to make sure that they have all of the correct information as sometimes verbally things can be forgotten, and also if it did need any further medical treatment the information would be available.

It will most probably be nothing, however i always find it best to keep parents fully informed of everything no matter how minor and by having the forms filled in I feel that the parents can see that I put the safety of their children always first and foremost, and that i take every little injury seriously.

10-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I too would record it in my accident book. I know it isn't an accident as such but I would want a record of noticing it and the symptoms I saw that I could keep and also show that I shared with the parents.

jaswinder bedi
10-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I have a little three year old girl who is in the same situation, wartery and puffed eyes, its part of hay fever. Inform mum by text and record it. Which i have done ro keep record because of medication (allerief)that i have been give by mum to give her child..

if it is concern to you, you must record it in the incident book and ask mum to sign it, you have got it in the record with date and signature.:idea: x

10-07-2012, 02:54 PM
thanks all, will do accident form. Just didnt want to overreact. Thanks for putting my mind at rest x