PDA

View Full Version : Very quick question!

notts
10-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm back from holiday and busy as hell and somewhere in the process seem to have gone brain dead....

quick one - 4 years but in ft education, am I right in thinking I still follow EYFS and record learning journeys until 31st Aug in the year that he reaches 5 years? also, if so can you get away with not doing a daily diary for a schooler thats still under 5?

Thank you :thumbsup:

jaswinder bedi
10-07-2012, 03:10 PM
- 4 years but in ft education, am I right in thinking I still follow EYFS and record learning journeys until 31st Aug in the year that he reaches 5 years? also, if so can you get away with not doing a daily diary for a schooler thats still under 5?

Yes! You still have to follow up EYFS up to age of five yrs old. YOu dont have to do daily dairy unless you have that child full time under your care, scrap book is ok to show enough evidence what you are doing anyway.:thumbsup:

Bridey
10-07-2012, 03:29 PM
The EYFS is not followed up to the age of 5 years old Jaswinder. The OP was correct - its up to 31 August FOLLOWING their 5th birthday. However you don't need to do a full learning journal. A scrap book is a nice record for the child & family and displays evidence of how you carry deliver the EYFS.

Daily diaries aren't a requirement at any age.

notts
10-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

sarah707
10-07-2012, 05:04 PM
From Sept using the revised EYFS we do not have to deliver the full learning and development requirements for before and after / school holiday children.

We must speak to parents and other settings to make sure we are offering complementary activities for the child.

Hth :D

notts
11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Thank you. I've got to be honest Im still nto down with the revised EYFS. I have some training in August but apart from a brief read and a few chats with relevant people I'm in the dark :blush:

notts
11-07-2012, 11:35 AM
A scrap book is a nice record for the child & family and displays evidence of how you carry deliver the EYFS.

Bridey - when a child leaves your care, I take it you pass the scrap book on with them? but in terms of our own records and inspections etc, do you copy or photgraph it or something?

FussyElmo
11-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Bridey - when a child leaves your care, I take it you pass the scrap book on with them? but in terms of our own records and inspections etc, do you copy or photgraph it or something?

Ofsted wont be interested in an scrapebook for a child that has left your care :thumbsup:

notts
11-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Ofsted wont be interested in an scrapebook for a child that has left your care

Oh right. ok thanks. :thumbsup:

notts
12-07-2012, 01:19 PM
and I am right that this child in full time education isn't part of my under 5 ratio aren't I?

mama2three
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes

If children aged four and five only attend the childminding setting before and/or after a normal school day, and/or during school holidays, they may be cared for at the same time as three young children. But in all circumstances, the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for must not exceed six.

Just now there is a clause on our certificates regarding 'rising 5s '. From sept the clause wont be there but we can apply the above rule.

Bridey
12-07-2012, 02:45 PM

No, I don't keep them as you can only be inspected on children currently in your care. Ofsted isn't interested in past work. I pass the scrap books on to the family the same way as I would pass on the LJ & daily diary for a younger child.

miffy
12-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Ofsted wont be interested in an scrapebook for a child that has left your care :thumbsup:

Generally, I'd agree with that but if you're newly registered and haven't built up a lot of evidence of how you observe, assess and record; how you work with parents etc then I would keep photocopies and shove them under Ofsted's nose :)

Miffy xx

notts
12-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks everyone