PDA

View Full Version : Can I add on say £200 for toys forgotten etc.?

vix84
10-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone - currently on mat. leave and waiting for baby to arrive - so Im determined to sort out tax form!!

I completely messed up my NCMA accounts book, and missed out a lot of things, so Ive just re-written it up in Microsoft Excell and printed off - at the end Ive out Costs for Missed out Expenses - and under here I need to add in extra toys/broadband/monthly car cleaning/cleaning products.
Most of these things were under £10, so I dont have reciepts etc. but when I add them up obviously the total is for extra toys etc. would be about £200 - but I dont have a reciept for this amount. Does this matter? Can I put down £200 without having to break it down to each toy?
Broadband I have the bills, but again with cleaning products and outings and car cleaning I dont have the reciepts - and I cant be bothered to break it all down!

My gross income came to £8660.46 for 10 months ish and my expenses were only £2395.66 because I missed a load off and dont have reciepts etc. This is my first year so I will learn from my mistakes!!!

Basically Im trying to find out if I can just put :
Forgotten extra's

Second hand toys etc. (£10 or less each) = £200
Broadband = £60 a year
Car cleaning a year = £60

etc.

sarah707
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Every penny you put through your tax bill has to be justifiable... so long as it is, then you can write it down in any way you want. :D

vix84
10-06-2008, 11:58 AM
I added it in, but didnt break it down to show every single toy etc. I know I have spent the money on those things - I just wasnt very good at writing it all down etc.! If somebody wants to look at my accounts in the future, Im sure I can justify it, if not Ill just have to pay back the few hundred on tax - probably cost them more to investigate it though!

This year Im either going to be strict, or get an accountant firm to do it!

emmadines
06-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I added it in, but didnt break it down to show every single toy etc. I know I have spent the money on those things - I just wasnt very good at writing it all down etc.! If somebody wants to look at my accounts in the future, Im sure I can justify it, if not Ill just have to pay back the few hundred on tax - probably cost them more to investigate it though!

This year Im either going to be strict, or get an accountant firm to do it!

I was told to have one large envelope with 12 small envelopes in it, the big envelope for the big book with the for out goings etc and the 12 lil ones for all your receipts with the month written on it. This is what I intend to do, I think I will have to turn putting in receipts in as a habit as I’m terrible in keeping things.

The only other thing is would any friends have any spare toy receipts that you can use as your forgotten items?? :blush: