PDA

View Full Version : Heating a conservatory

pinkellifun
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone

I have a conservatory and in the summer its lovely and warm (not too warm though cos when I open the small top windows, its enough to cool it down to manageable). Not been in the house long enough to know about winter but I can imagine it will get quite cold.

Does anyone have any opinions / knowledge of regulations about how to heat the conservatory safely whilst I have mindees?

x

eddie
10-07-2012, 11:27 AM
I have a small non oil filled radiator in mine which heats up quickly and has a thermostat and timer so you can set it to come on at a certain time. It gets quite warm to touch but mine is up the corner of the room out of the way and I just include it on my risk assessments the same way as radiators without covers.

mushpea
10-07-2012, 12:58 PM
we had a small but double radiator fitted in ours which links to our centeral heating,, it actutaly gets warmer in there than our living room in the winter

jumping j
10-07-2012, 01:05 PM
I've got a small double radiator in mine but I also have a small heater that I can put on if needed, it sits behind my poang chair so the lo's can't get to it

nikki thomson
10-07-2012, 04:18 PM
As a long term investment, especially if you use your conservatory alot is under floor heating, no need to worry about little ones burning there fingers on radiators etc. x

md0u0131
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
We just have a normal radiator in ours, it's in my risk assessment with all the others.

blue bear
10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
We have a radiator in ours, but when really cold I pop thelma in electric one on for half an hour in the morning before mindees arrive.

lisa1968
10-07-2012, 08:50 PM
we have a narrow fan heater above the doors that go into the conservatory.Its up high so the children cant reach it and it works a treat.

jaswinder bedi
10-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Oil filled radiator is best or you can get thermostat one which you can control the heating. I have one with thermostat i leave it on thermostat 2 or 3 depend how cold it it is. But in summer NO way its that hot you need air condition.