PDA

View Full Version : Living by a main road...opinions

nessynoodle
10-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi all

If you were moving house and found the PERFECT place BUT it was on a main road, would it put you off? There is plenty of off road parking for drop off and pick ups, and enclosed safe garden. But walking into town would mean about 100 metres of narrow path by a busy road. Would this put potential parents off?? With a buggy, toddlers, reins etc, might be a bit risky?

Just want opinions please! Thanks

angeldelight
10-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I have recently moved into a new house on a main road,love it love it love it

No problems from parents and if they don't like it well they will go somewhere else and that's ok it could just as well be something else they don't like

I moved here because we liked it ,no other reason

Your the one going to live there,if you like it go for it I say

Good luck

Angel xxx

loocyloo
10-07-2012, 11:01 AM
i used to live on an A road, just past the village 'boundary' and the speed limit was 40, but everything was usually going faster than that. ( i only moved because we were moving 250 miles away. i would have bought a house on a main road again )

we had a narrow path too, but as it went into the village, there was then a grass verge between the path & the road.

i used reins/buggies and hi-viz waistcoats.

the majority of my parents had no issue with it, and in fact, it was a selling point, as it was on their way to work, without having to drive endlessly round estate roads! i had safe off road parking and a secure garden too. some of my parents 'moved' house with me ( i moved a mile! ) and they were all fine, i had a new parent who was concerned, but was fine once her child started with me, other prospective parents didn't see it as a problem, and in fact, more of a positive. one parent didn't come to me because she didn't want her child walking along that 'busy dangerous road' ( made me laugh when a couple of years later she moved to house along the same road! )

i also think that the children KNEW it was a busy road, and understood about traffic/crossing safely/being sensible when walking etc, whereas walking through an estate it is easy to become complacent and i know of children knocked down walking on estate roads as cars didn't see them/parked cars everywhere, children playing in the road. there was no option to play in our road, cars didn't park on the road side, or if they did, it didn't obscure vision.

good luck and use it as a selling point :D

Shar
10-07-2012, 11:02 AM
It would put me off buying a house on a main road. Traffic noise, having cat's and children's safety. Sorry. Not sure if it would put parents off, as long as there is no rush hour traffic, easy access and lots of play space. Good luck.

FussyElmo
10-07-2012, 01:16 PM
If you like the house then buy it. There will be pros and cons to every house :thumbsup: