PDA

View Full Version : Would this be possible?

child_friendly
09-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Hi
Hope this is the right place to post this.
I am wondering whether I am able to do this. I already have a 16 month old boy myself so am only able to look after 2 under 5's and 2 over 5's. I have had an enquiry from a mum for her 2 year old boy for 2/3 days a week for 24 hours a week plus her 3 year old girl before school- not sure if for longer or if im going to be taking and collecting her from school which is 2.1 miles away. They have visited my home already and said they would like to have me look after their children. Mums a shift worker so each week is different and she doesn't know what shes working yet as not started job yet- still waiting for CRB. This is a lovely family and don't want to let them down as they approached me first. Am visiting their home on wednesday to see how the children are in their own environment.
I have also had another enquiry today from a mum for her 2 year old girl and 3month old girl for one day a week from9/10-5.30pm starting from September. They are coming this friday to have a look around.
This is probably a stupid question, but is there anyway of doing having both families? I know is more than my maximum numbers. Am just looking at ways around it. Has anyone had something like this before?

Bridey
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
The only way you could do it would be to say to the shift working mum that you are not available on Fridays.

Its all very well stating loyalty to families because they have contacted you first but you need to ask yourself if you will be bringing in enough income to be happy about giving up two possible full time places to part time work that will be unpredictable and prevent you from filling the places fully.

child_friendly
10-07-2012, 07:06 PM
No, the shift worker days will change each week but her hours will stay the same. She is hoping for me to look after her two children in a few weeks times. The other mum that wants one day a week for her two girls from september doesn't mind which day she has except for friday which she can't do.

Am I right in thinking then I won't be able to take on both families??
It would take me over my maximum children of under 5's as this would make 5 under 5's including my own child.

Bridey
10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Ring Ofsted and ask them.