PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Fee

clare21
09-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi, I am wondering if someone can advise me as to what to do, on my contract i have got with a polish family i have stated on it that they need to give me at least 4 weeks notice for holiday, i was told this morning that they are going away on the 26th of July to 3rd August. Normally for parent's holiday i charge half fee but i have not been given the proper notice, i was thinking of either charging half fee for Thursday 26th and Friday 27th and the full amount for 30th July to 3rd August. Or should i charge full fee for the 26the and 27th and then half fee for the other week. I would appreciate some advice. Many thanks.;)

md0u0131
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
you need to stick to your policy so if they haven't given you the required notice charge them the full amount.

AliceK
09-07-2012, 03:16 PM
I too would charge full fee. My holiday policy is the same as yours and I have learnt to stick to it.

xxxx

cathtee
09-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi I charage full fee for all holidays taken by mindees, so even if they don't have to give me any notice as such as they pay for all holidays.

clare21
09-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Thank you for your help, i will tell them it will be full fee, i wonder what their response will be.:eek:

miffy
10-07-2012, 06:46 AM
I would also charge full fee for their holiday if that is what is written in the contract.

Good luck

Miffy xx

hectors house
10-07-2012, 08:26 AM
I regularly put up a notice on my lounge door asking people to give me their holiday dates and reminding them unless they give me 4 weeks notice they will be charged full fee. I also display a monthly planner which shows all sessions children are booked in to attend, some parents bother to check I have the details correct, some probably don't even know it is there!

Stick to your contract and charge full fee - bet they give you proper notice next time.