PDA

View Full Version : Free milk

*Katrina*
09-07-2012, 08:16 AM
I made an enquiry to one of the companies as the child starting with me will be here 2 days one week and 3 the next week and so on.
I asked how to apply because it only had space to fill in the amount of children I have in one week and obviously it varies week to week.
They told me to fill it in as though the child is with me 3 days every week as it will be easier for the dairy to keep record...surely this isn't right? Every other week I would be over claiming? :confused:

hectors house
09-07-2012, 08:22 AM
I suppose you could just claim for the 2 days if you wanted to protect yourself - but the arrangements seem very loose in that even a child coming for just a few hours a day is entitled to same as child coming all day - I realised recently that I was over claiming as hadn't notified the company that a child had left and it annoys me that I can't claim for the 5 year old who comes at 7.30 am, brings 2 weetabix and I have to supply the milk (and she likes lots of it)!

LittleLegsCM
09-07-2012, 08:45 AM
How does claiming milk work? I never knew we could do this, is it worth doing?

Mouse
09-07-2012, 08:50 AM
I made an enquiry to one of the companies as the child starting with me will be here 2 days one week and 3 the next week and so on.
I asked how to apply because it only had space to fill in the amount of children I have in one week and obviously it varies week to week.
They told me to fill it in as though the child is with me 3 days every week as it will be easier for the dairy to keep record...surely this isn't right? Every other week I would be over claiming? :confused:

That's why I prefer to claim my own money back. At least then I can claim the exact amount for the right number of children.

You would be over claiming every other week, but I guess it would only be for a very small amount (whatever the company claims for 1/3 of a pint of milk).

Mouse
09-07-2012, 08:54 AM
I suppose you could just claim for the 2 days if you wanted to protect yourself - but the arrangements seem very loose in that even a child coming for just a few hours a day is entitled to same as child coming all day - I realised recently that I was over claiming as hadn't notified the company that a child had left and it annoys me that I can't claim for the 5 year old who comes at 7.30 am, brings 2 weetabix and I have to supply the milk (and she likes lots of it)!

The scheme is for children under the age of 5yrs and is designed to provide them with 1/3rd of a pint of milk per day. It doesn't matter if the come for 2 hours or 9 hours, it's just one amount per day, not enough mik to keep them going through the day.

Mouse
09-07-2012, 08:55 AM
How does claiming milk work? I never knew we could do this, is it worth doing?

Have a look at the nursery milk website

http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

hectors house
09-07-2012, 09:03 AM
The scheme is for children under the age of 5yrs and is designed to provide them with 1/3rd of a pint of milk per day. It doesn't matter if the come for 2 hours or 9 hours, it's just one amount per day, not enough mik to keep them going through the day.

I know I can't claim for this child now she is 5 but annoying that I only have her for an 1 1/2 hours before school and she gets through so much milk for her weetabix (much prefer it when she brings cornflakes)!

Mouse
09-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I know I can't claim for this child now she is 5 but annoying that I only have her for an 1 1/2 hours before school and she gets through so much milk for her weetabix (much prefer it when she brings cornflakes)!

Weetabix does soak up an unreasonably large amount of milk :laughing:

I'm lucky, one of my mindees has Weetabix, but mum sends a pot of milk as well :thumbsup: