PDA

View Full Version : feeling uninspired!

Bluebell
07-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I recently had my Ofsted and was graded good which I am thrilled about but I need to improve my obs/planning and I feel really deflated and uninspired by the whole thing!
Have no idea how to proceed and am racking my brains about it but can't seem to make any decisions. I didn't do any updates at the end of May cos I had exams in June and then Mrs O came in June too and said I was doing too much, needed to improve next steps, make more user-friendly and so on. Therefore I haven't done any for end of June either and feel I've let my parents down by not producing anything at all. I have started a parent page where I post photos but I've given no individual feedback at all.
I've been poorly this week - just a cold but after exams and Ofsted just feel exhausted and can't catch up with myself!

Also I guess in the back of my mind is that its all changing in a couple of months so I need to really get to grips with all that too:panic:

migimoo
07-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I know how you feel-all of my LO's except one are babies/toddlers and as i've only been registered since October i'm still struggling to get my head around obs/planning for them-all i've decided now is to forget any themed planning for them and just plan for their interests until they're older-if that happens to overlap with our theme...bonus!

I keep thinking that once i've done my new EYFS training it'll all suddenly become clear and i'll be doing it with my eyes closed (yeah right!)

Sorry i've not been more help but just know you're not alone in feeling like this!

miffy
08-07-2012, 07:06 AM
I think you're just going through the post inspection slump :)

Y ou work hard to get everything shipshape for your inspection and afterwards it can feel such an anti-climax plus you've had the added stress of exams.

Give yourself a break and then come back to it in a couple of weeks when you are over your illness.

Miffy xx

Penny1959
08-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Please don't stress too much about paperwork being behind - you will of course still be doing it all - just not recording it.

I am way behind with my recording - because I want to change things ready for Sept and too be honest I am thinking of doing less paperwork as I simply can not keep up with all.

With my parents we have a daily diary that stays in the setting that I have recorded the basics and we have a verbal handover each day as well - so parents have been informed.

Maybe you could record somewhere that due to personal reasons you have been using verbal communications between stated dates.

I have to say I am totally honest with my parents - and in my weekly parents newsletter - I tell them if behind with things - I do put details of topic and outings in newsletter as well - so I suppose you could say I am up to date with things - just not to my own high expectations

Have a think - maybe you are more up to date than you think - and like me it is more a case that you have not let parents down - just not kept up with your self implemented systems.

Remember the EYFS does not say how we should record things:D

Penny :)

Bluebell
08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you all! A post inspection slump?! Is this normal then? feel a bit better just knowing that!
And it may well be my own expectations more than the parents because they love the new parents page with photos and a few comments - its only me thats worried none of it is directly linking everything we do with the specifics of the EYFS areas and forward planning.
I did mention on the parents page that it was something she had discussed with me and I was evaluating how I was going to proceed in future and that the parents page was one way - I can then reduce what goes in their books - less photos and the day to day stuff as they will already be aware. I always let parents know verbally at the end of the day anything important but don't go too in depth as they just want to get home or their lo is tired.We communicate a lot of arrangements or queries through text and e-mail too so there is plenty of communication going on.