PDA

View Full Version : paint ideas please

mushpea
07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
the 3.5yrold I look after is suddenly in to painting since mummy tried to paint the hall with his 'help' lol I am going to provide paints indoors and if the weather is nice they can paint boxes outdoors and do water painting but what can they paint indoors,, sounds a silly question but i mean not just paper as theres only so much paper i want hanging to dry! Thought boxes again but on a smaller scale or pasta but not sure if pasta will take paint or is there a certain typ of paint you can use? I want them to be able to either use their painted items in crafts or play so its a continuation of the painted items so this is why I want ideas on what to paint

jo f
07-07-2012, 01:04 PM
plant pots then plant some seeds too!

carebear25
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
I did these with my lo's this week

http://www.theimaginationtree.com/2011/06/eric-carle-tissue-paper-prints.html

mushpea
07-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I did these with my lo's this week

http://www.theimaginationtree.com/2011/06/eric-carle-tissue-paper-prints.html

I love this website , they have a rainbow on there which I am going to do one day too
http://www.theimaginationtree.com/2011/03/giant-rainbow-collage.html

was thinking we could do a big one for the play room wall then they can do individual ones aswell to take home.

carebear25
07-07-2012, 07:13 PM
i love the rainbow project that looks like it could be fun xx

bunyip
07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Boxes. Get loads of boxes. Paint them; let them dry; stick them together to make houses, shops, castles, garages, then play with them some more.

Egg boxes are good too. It's a challenge for the lo's to work their brushes into all the crevises. Then make a dragon or crocodile.

Use different tools as well as brushes: sponges, old toothbrushes, rags, cotton buds, etc.

The Juggler
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
paint outdoors, paint with water on the floor, paint boxes, for gift times paint ceramic boxes, frames, etc or you can buy tiny canvasses in the pound shop for budding artists :thumbsup:

Mouse
07-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I save all sorts of boxes - mini cereal boxes, toothpaste boxes etc. I peel apart the glued sides, turn them inside out & glue them back together again.

We then have blank boxes to paint.

When they're all dried the children use masking tape to stick them together - easier than sceloptape & can usually be pulled off again if they want to make something else.

I also save toilet roll middles & kitchen roll middles - good for painting & stamping circles :thumbsup:

miffy
08-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I save all sorts of boxes - mini cereal boxes, toothpaste boxes etc. I peel apart the glued sides, turn them inside out & glue them back together again.

:

That is such a great idea - going to start saving boxes now :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
08-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Tape a long roll of paper to the floor, get mindee's to lie on it and draw around them. Then get them to paint themselves. :thumbsup:

blue bear
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Mine love painting boxes, pirate ships, buses, post boxes, play kitchen etc all made from boxes and re cycled when they have had enough.

freckleonear
08-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Squirt some paint in a cardboard box and then shake marbles/balls around the box to spread the paint.

Take an acrylic mirror outside and place it on the ground reflecting the sky/clouds/trees and provide paint of similar colours.

Pour paint inside clear plastic bottles and shake.

Paint pebbles/stones to decorate the garden or use as loose parts.

It's a small world
09-09-2012, 05:44 AM
Sorry if this has been suggested but at xmas i am getting some canvas frames from the pound shop, using masking tape make the childs name. Let the child paint all over the frame then remove the tape and reveal their name underneath. So name is canvas colour with locely colurs ariund. Hope that makes sense?

Carol
20-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Sorry if this has been suggested but at xmas i am getting some canvas frames from the pound shop, using masking tape make the childs name. Let the child paint all over the frame then remove the tape and reveal their name underneath. So name is canvas colour with locely colurs ariund. Hope that makes sense?

Lovely idea even little ones can do

Carol x