PDA

View Full Version : pogo printer

kimlouise25
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Has anyone got a pogo printer?

Been thinking about getting one for a while but hear lots of different views on them?

Are they the best way to print out photos to be used for the childrens EYFS observations?

Thanks

BucksCM
06-07-2012, 09:22 PM
I've got one and love it for just that. And that I can print pics off for the children's summer diaries.
I will say though, it doesn't hold it's charge very well, so although it says you can use it on the go, it won't print many off(although not sure how many exactly as I stopped when the light went red!)
You can bluetooth pics to it from your phone...depending on what phone you have...and I read somewhere that IPhones aren't compatable...but will be corrected if wrong:D
Sometimes the pictures come out with lines on them...not completely clear, but because it's just for the LJ and not a photo album, I'm not too worried about that tbh.
The packs of papers all have expiry dates on them that might say they expire soon. They won't. It's all to do with the product it is and packaging rules that they have to have one...but they don't expire.
Think I've covered everything...if I haven't, someone else will :thumbsup::D

Dragonfly
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
I dont know what they are :blush:

lozzy23
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
I've got one and love it for just that. And that I can print pics off for the children's summer diaries.
I will say though, it doesn't hold it's charge very well, so although it says you can use it on the go, it won't print many off(although not sure how many exactly as I stopped when the light went red!)
You can bluetooth pics to it from your phone...depending on what phone you have...and I read somewhere that IPhones aren't compatable...but will be corrected if wrong:D
Sometimes the pictures come out with lines on them...not completely clear, but because it's just for the LJ and not a photo album, I'm not too worried about that tbh.
The packs of papers all have expiry dates on them that might say they expire soon. They won't. It's all to do with the product it is and packaging rules that they have to have one...but they don't expire.
Think I've covered everything...if I haven't, someone else will :thumbsup::D

Just wanted to agree with everything Debbie has said and just to say I love my pogo:thumbsup:

caz3007
06-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Use mine lots, and so does my son. But I have to plug mine in to print, but its no hardship

LauraS
06-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure what advantage they have over a decent conventional printer. My printer prints pictures direct from my phone, and whilst it isn't portable, it can print pics of any size, and quality is fantastic. Print cost is about the same as the pogo for A6 size pics.

I suppose it is useful for taking out and about.

Tazmin68
07-07-2012, 02:34 AM
At least with pogo pics you don't have to mess around with glue or Sellotape to stick them in lj or cut pics to suze

jumping j
07-07-2012, 06:05 AM
It's been my new favourite thing for about 3 months :D and the parents love seeing the pics. of the 'wow' moments.
a lo picked up a dinosaur and a tree and told me dinosaurs eat trees and then showed me how, managed to get a pic of it, stuck it in his diary and LJ and mum was thrilled, I could just have told her but a pic speaks a 1000 words
much better than my printer that uses loads of ink and paper and I need to get glue or sellotape to stick them in

jumpinjen
07-07-2012, 07:28 AM
I tried one out recently and wasn't impressed - pictures are of poor quality and slightly fuzzy, from a really good camera so it isn't the picture I took - the pogo cuts bits off the edge too. The pictures are so tiny they don't really do the picture justice. To put them in context, i have been using an on-line print service for years so my pics have always been glossy 6x4's that look fabulous in the LJ's and the pogo pictures are nowhere near the same quality for the same cost. The only advantage is that I could update the LJ every day instead of once a month when I order pictures from on-line. The printers don't hold charge so aren't mobile, and the lines ruin the pictures in my opinion. The fact that you don't need tape or glue to stick them in is no compensation in my book. I consider them a waste of money - if you factor in the cost of the printer to your print costs then they are really expensive. I think it depends on what you do in your LJ's and how you view them really - i loved how the big glossy quality photos made them look, i have a really good camera and take pride in taking great pics though so maybe this colours my view - HTH, Jen x

sarah707
07-07-2012, 07:35 AM
I dont know what they are :blush:

A pogo printer is a little hand held photo printer - you plug it in.

It prints small sticky back photos that go straight into the Learning Journey or can be used for photos to stick in cards taken as children are making them etc... they are great for sharing immediate moments with parents.

You can buy them from Amazon - don't forget to use the forum link! :D

loocyloo
07-07-2012, 07:45 AM
i love my pogo, although i don't use it as much currently.

i was printing so many photos it was easier to use my printer for LJ, but i do use it for photos to go into diaries immediately. as i am trying to take LESS photos ( or at least, less to go into LJ, i will probably start to use it more )

blue bear
07-07-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm on my second one, the first one packed in after a year, this one is on the way out too. Saying that I have 10 eyfs lj's and four after school children scrap book, my pogo is used everyday I would say I print on average 10 photos every day. The quality can vary, running the blue paper that comes with refills usually clears up the lines and blurred images.
I've taught my mindees over three to print the photos themselves, they love doing it, they can operate the camera too! So if I see a wow moment I write it up immediately, photo is taken, children print them off and stick them in and I do links when it's nap time.

I like the pogo because it's instant and write ups don't pile up and take over my evenings and weekends. I will agree purchased printed photos are a better quality but I prefer the pogo for convenience and will be buying another.

kimlouise25
07-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks everyone. I will do a bit of research over the wweend to see where the best/cheapest place to but one is.

Any ideas? Amazon......

Graham
07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Available from Amazon here with free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/7266000432/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=7266000432&linkCode=as2&tag=childminding-21

If you use this link the forum will benefit from a little commission which we use to help with our running costs. It doesn't cost you anything more.

lozzy23
07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
i was printing so many photos it was easier to use my printer for LJ, but i do use it for photos to go into diaries immediately. as i am trying to take LESS photos ( or at least, less to go into LJ, i will probably start to use it more )

I just use the pogo to add pictures into the daily diaries too, parents love the fact it happened that day and find when I add a picture it encourages the children to talk about their day.

I use my other printer for the LJ pictures and for my own business photo album.

Winnie
07-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I liked the idea of the pogo but wasn't sure if it would work with my old camera, so i've just ordered the Pogo 2, a camera with printer inside. I'll let you know how i get on with it when it arrives. :)