PDA

View Full Version : I'm physically and mentally....

SimplyLucy
10-06-2008, 08:27 AM
.....exhasted.

Having one of those days where everything is going wrong and it's only just gone 9 am. :(

Mindee is having one of his screaming days, it's a regular event even though he's 4 and a half. He was screaming at the top of his voice as mum dragged him from the car and shoved him in my front door this morning at 6.30am. I have now told him, next time he screams I shall ring his mum to collect him. Yes, probably not the right thing to do but I've had 3 hours of it now.

Having nightmare issues over my divorce and house settlement at the moment. Me and my ex to be want to come to an arrangement whereby I keep the house and all the equity and he doesn't have to pay child maintence (I'll have already had it technically by keeping all the equity in the house).

It's turning out to be way more complicated and apparently we aren't allowed to do it like that. :angry:

I want to find a cave and hide for a week or two...........do you think anyone will miss me!?!?

angeldelight
10-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Oh poor you

No wonder you are fed up and tired

I had a child like this a few mths back that arrived early and would cry for hours no matter what I did

I did call his mom out a few times in the end so why dont you do that - think of your own sanity

I had to give notice in the end though it just proved to much for me and my family he used to arrive at 6 and wake everyone

Sorry to hear you are having probs with your divorce too

Seems when we have problems with one thing other things hit us harder too and it seems one thing after another

We would miss you if you go and find a cave so dont get doing that

Just have a moan to us we dont mind

Hope you are ok

Hugs to you

Angel xx

Cazz
10-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Sorry you're having such a horrible day - has he calmed down now or have you made the call to his mum?

Hope your day gets better!

Carole x

SimplyLucy
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
So far he's played with the play dough, watched a bit of telly, run round the garden like a headless chicken, we've had a battle with the knights and the castle and had a cuddle!

Been a few near screaming incidents but he's looked at me and stopped before he's started if you see what I mean.

I actually think it's worked you know, not that I'd use it as a regular threat, I'll save it for special occassions. :laughing:

I think that the key point is that he knows I'll follow though, if I say I'm going to do something then I do it, I'm more stubborn than any child and I will win everytime! He also knows that if his mum has to pick him up for screaming he'll she'll be furious.

I'm feeling guilty, but I'm sure I'll get over it soon!:laughing:

Cazz
10-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Good for you Lucy - I'm glad you've managed to calm him a bit.

I think I've got to get a bit tougher before I start minding. Hubby gets really frustrated with me cos he says I give our kids too many chances before I carry out the threat! Now they're 10 and hormones are kicking in I have to admit that he's right and am starting to follow through after one warning!

Carole x

P.S. Don't feel guilty for managing his behaviour - it's not fair on you to have to put up with constant screaming!

jaja
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM
poor you, i hope your day improves soon xxx

caza
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Sorry you've had such a lousy morning. Hope this afternoon gets better for you and if you get chance tonight have yourself a nice soak in the bath, a glass of wine and relax. Sounds like you deserve it ;)

Mollymop
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry your morning has been bad, i feel for you as it must be a nightmare.

Has he calmed down now and being good?

Hope your day gets better.

miffy
10-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Sorry Lucy - only just seen this

Hope your day improved and you're feeling much better now

miffy xx

sarah707
10-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I got the house and he's paying for it and I get a good whack of money every month...

Get a new solicitor! :D

Hope you are feeling better soon xx

flora
10-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Hope your day improved Lucy and that you have a much much better day tomorrow.

Have been there and done that with the divorce, so feel free to pm me if you want a good rant to let off steam:thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
I got the house and he's paying for it and I get a good whack of money every month...

Get a new solicitor! :D

Hope you are feeling better soon xx

Blimey how did you manage that!

I'll be paying the mortgage and not getting maintence! We might have found a clause to be able to sort it though.

It does work in my favour as there is quite a lot of equity in the house. Plus I'll be rid of him totally, I don't want to rely on him for money each month even if it is for the children.