PDA

View Full Version : Printer Recommendations Please

keri
06-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi all,

My printer has come back from the printer doctors and he has been sent to printer heaven :( RIP

So after spending the last 2 hours trawling through printer websites I am still none the wiser.

I know that I want something relatively cheap to run, a document feeder and maybe double sided printing/copying.

Does anyone have a fab printer that they could recommend?

Thanks
xxxx

LauraS
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
We have a kodak hero. Cheap as chips to run (an xl black ink costs £7.79 on amazon and prints 670 or so sheets, compared to my previous hp printer which did 300 sheets on a £17 cartridge). It's wireless so can print to it directly from my phone (useful for printing photo observations), photocopies, scans. Can also email pics to it, so can email a photo from my phone whilst out and it will print it.

Demonjill
06-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I also have a HERO think its a 5.1 and its so fab. Cheap cheap ink!

Prints both sides and photos are brilliant.

Love that i can print straight from my smartphone too:thumbsup:

kel1983
07-07-2012, 08:20 AM
I have a Kodak. Inks are cheap its wireless so can print from my laptop any where in the house. Print quality is fab.

Graham
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
The Kodak Hero is available from Amazon with free postage.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005J3ID4I/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B005J3ID4I&linkCode=as2&tag=childminding-21

If you buy from this link it won't cost you a penny more but the forum will earn a little commission which we use to fund our running costs.

sarah707
07-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I have a kodak and the ink is a good price and seems to last for ages.

You can print double sided and the quality on draft (lower ink usage) is good.

I get the odd paper jam but that's usually when I have forgotten to put new paper in and the last couple of pages stick - but it is very easy to sort out.

hth :D

keri
11-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks everyone. So it looks like a Kodak is the way forward :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay in thanking you but I have been caught up with Mr Grey :blush: