PDA

View Full Version : Gonna need a double buggy!!! help please

Demonjill
06-07-2012, 05:36 PM
From middle of August im going to have a 10 month old starting and on some of the days I will already have a 14 month old so will need a double buggy.

I know there are threads on here but would like all your up to date opinions/recommendations please.

Id be interested in off road 3 wheeler suggestions as well as lighter weight to fit in car as i may have funds for both eventually!

Also I only have one highchair so was just going to get another the same so can feed them both at same time is this what you all do? OOh that must then be busy if you have 3 about the same age!!!:laughing:

Im quite looking forward to having 2 littlies:thumbsup:

carebear25
06-07-2012, 05:40 PM
I have my dd (2yrs) and 2mindees both 18mths and have a britax dual which is quite a heavy and robust pram but it is fantastic and I love it.

Highchair wise I have an Ikea 1, a plastic booster seat and a soft travel booster seat and find that it works well that way plus dont have 3 big high chairs taking up space.

Congrats on new mindee xx

greanan
06-07-2012, 05:43 PM
i have just got a new double and went for a baby jogger city mini double..I love it, best double i have had

kel1983
06-07-2012, 05:45 PM
we have a nipper 360 which is fantastic. So easy to push even holdin a little ones hand. Lies flat so ideal for babes.

We also have just purchased Phil and ted sport. Ideal if you are limited to space and can be used as a double or single.

AliceK
06-07-2012, 06:27 PM
we have a nipper 360 which is fantastic. So easy to push even holdin a little ones hand. Lies flat so ideal for babes.

We also have just purchased Phil and ted sport. Ideal if you are limited to space and can be used as a double or single.

Agree. I have the Nipper 360, it is a dream. I also had the P&T which was also good but not quite as good as the Nipper.

I would use a booster seat at the table for the older child I think.

xxx

kellib
06-07-2012, 07:11 PM
I have a nipper 360 and I love it, luckily I have a big cupboard to store it in otherwise I'm sure it would get on my nerves! It's a dream to push though.

I only have one highchair which the youngest LO goes in and the older one sits at the table, he refuses to sit on a booster but my table is quite low so it's okay for him. Thought about getting another highchair but couldn't face having yet another thing to store!

loocyloo
06-07-2012, 07:16 PM
i have an urban detour twin buggy and i love it, but not sure they still make them!

i have my littlies in booster seats that strap onto chairs. they come with trays, so i can use them like high chairs, and then as they get bigger, they can sit at the table with everyone else. i did buy a high chair for a minded LO, but only used it for a few months as it just took up too much room, and was something else to store!

desiderata
06-07-2012, 07:18 PM
I have the baby jogger elite double and I love it. I am going to get their new single when it comes out later this year too. For highchairs I have the mamas and papas pixi xx it folds great xx I need another too as I have a new baby starting x

watgem
06-07-2012, 07:28 PM
I have the maclaren techno double it fits through my front door, has lovely supsension, looks small but is actually roomy and folds up small:) I have 2 graco contempo highchairs very comfy but quite compact:)

onceinabluemoon
06-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Mountain buggy DUET, only 25 inches wide, fits through all doorways including really narrow ones, lays flat, individual hoods, excellent rain cover (buy separately), robust, fold pretty small (not a lot bigger than a maclaren twin triumph) Quite possibly the best double buggy i have ever had and i have had loads.

Downside is the price as they haven't been out for long and carry the rather hefty mountain buggy price tag...

miffy
06-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I've got the nipper 360 and it's great - lightweight, easy to push and copes with snow and ice!

I've got 2 folding high chairs - one is an ancient silver cross, not sure what make the other is but both fold reasonably small to store. Got the second one from a charity shop - just asked at all the charity shops in town and they rang me when one came in.

Miffy xx

SJ35
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
i have just got a new double and went for a baby jogger city mini double..I love it, best double i have had

This is the buggy I want to get. Does it really fold up as small as they say? Is it easy to fold?

Zoomie
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I have three of these, which fit onto my dining room table chairs when needed. I use the tray for younger babies, but toddlers just sit at the table.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price...1614965&sr=8-1 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0002VZ21E/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B0002VZ21E&linkCode=as2&tag=childminding-21)

Bought them all off ebay.

The Juggler
06-07-2012, 11:36 PM
i don't have a big car or a shed/garage so can't do the big three wheelers - I just got a silvercross pop duo and love it.

I have the ikea highchairs as they stack when not being used so save space :thumbsup:

Demonjill
06-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Thanks folks

I do loike the sound/look of the jogger city double love the red and the purple...its quite expensive though but would last a long time:thumbsup:

I would much prefer high chairs i dont want to be strapping anything onto my seats:panic:

The one i have just now folds well and doesnt take up much room..
At moment All stuff is stored in garage until day i need it so no storage issue.
Garage looks like babies r us :laughing:

Quite like the idea of the IKEA ones though they are nice and simple and can pull up to the table at same height - i like sitting down when feeding :D

Tazmin68
07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
I have a graco high chair. Multi coloured safety 1st travel high chair and a seat harness one if I needed 3

Buggy I have cosatto twin lunar and also 2 mothercare jives which I clip together if needed which I used a lot as sometimes only needed 1 so I kept both in boot and put them together when needed with buggy clips.

greanan
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
This is the buggy I want to get. Does it really fold up as small as they say? Is it easy to fold?

yeah it does fold pretty small and will stand unaided whilst folded aswell so doesnt need to be leaning against a wall etc. so easy to fold, pull the two straps on seats and it folds in half x

Katy-Felicity
07-07-2012, 12:05 PM
I have a Phil and Teds sport, fantastic buggy, best double I have ever had as its so versatile and is quick and easy to covert between double and single. It copes fantastically with snow, ice and mud, great off-road! I have also used the nipper 360 double, it is a dream to push and use, just not to store and you need a very large boot to put it in, I get my P&T in the boot of my 3 door hatch (with back wheels off) and still room for bags or shopping!