PDA

View Full Version : Quick few questions? - posted in Pre reg but nothing.

Fb1988
06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Hello ive just finished my council run pre reg course. I applied to ofsted and did mine and my payners EY2 forms online earlier this week. I also have my health forms to take to me go tomorrow. My first aid is the end of this month and my early year development office is coming out to check I'm 'ready' on the 24th July.

Can anyone tell me the next steps? This is what I think?

* food hygine - Can I do the food hygine online?
* environmental health - how?
* data protection - is it online?

Also my policys, contracts ect as a example? Is there anywhere I can get sample ones? My early years officer said she wants to see a folder ready

Thanks in advance Faye

oxfordshirecm
06-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Data protection is with the ico. It can be one online and costs £ 35 per year

rickysmiths
06-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi there well done for getting so far.

You need to register as a food business with your local Environmental Heath Dept who you can contact through your local council offices, rink and ask to be put through to them. Some will just send a form out for you to fill in some will want to visit you as well it depends what your local people do.

You need a copy of a folder called Better food better business for childminders you can get it via the link below, if you ring them they send it to you free.

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/caterers/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/

It is good practice to do a Food Hygiene Course and your EY may do them or your Environmental Heath Dept if not you can do them online and there are links on this forum to courses.

Data Protection you need to register with the Information Commissioner's Office if you goggle you will find it it costs £35 per year.

Contracts etc it depends what you want to do NCMA and Morton Michel do paperwork you can buy and Policies you need to write for your own setting but Bromley Childminding Association have loads of examples on their web site.