PDA

View Full Version : Feeling rubbish today

JCrakers
06-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Not only is it chucking it down again and I'm stuck indoors but I'm trying to get accredited before sept.
it's getting me down as they want me to go on a course which having looked through the booklet is in November and the 3 dates and times clash with work. 930-1230.
So if I was to go I'd have to have a morning off work and lose loads of money. I'd have to get someone to make sure my dd gets to school while I walked 20mins to the train station and spend more money on a train ticket.

If I had the car it would be an hours drive and that's not taking the rush hour into account.
The other time is 6-9pm an hour away. Meaning I would also lose money as weds is my busiest day with after school children and I would have to cancel.

Plus because I haven done the course yet I'm guessing I won't be accredited by sept when I need to be. Child turned 3 in jan and was entitled from Easter.

Just feeling rubbish now as I wish I'd never started this process. They seem to be making it so difficult

cathtee
06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi can't offer any advice, but just wanted to let you know that I am sending you :group hug: whenever there are courses they are always at silly times, more geared to nurserys that have other staff to cover, or night time that start before we finish, I would rather give a saturday up than loose money but then my children are grown up and hubby works saturday mornings.

Hope you get sorted soon,:)

Bridey
06-07-2012, 11:18 AM
I've no advice either but I do have to say that some of the thread titles on this forum do make me chuckle. I clicked on this not knowing if you were unhappy, feeling a little ill or ... the option I liked the most ... you were sat with your mindees rummaging through the dustbin! ;)

Pipsqueak
06-07-2012, 11:24 AM
. you were sat with your mindees rummaging through the dustbin! ;)

oh you do that too??:laughing::p

Crackers Can you not speak with your coordinator and explain that whilst you want to become accredited the course is not accessible to you and that can they arrange to deliver it at another time et

JCrakers
06-07-2012, 11:30 AM
:laughing: that's cheered me up. I have visions of the three of us feeling rubbish now.
Exploring different textures, smells.... that links well to eyfs.

I've left a message with the EY team and explained. I think the worst outcome will be I won't be accredited by sept and I won't be able to offer mum free hours which means she will have to go elsewhere.

This is my second attempt to become accredited and I can see where it's going again ...shame

Pipsqueak
06-07-2012, 11:35 AM
:laughing: that's cheered me up. I have visions of the three of us feeling rubbish now.
Exploring different textures, smells.... that links well to eyfs.

I've left a message with the EY team and explained. I think the worst outcome will be I won't be accredited by sept and I won't be able to offer mum free hours which means she will have to go elsewhere.

This is my second attempt to become accredited and I can see where it's going again ...shame

I would start questioning WHY these courses are not at times which are convienent for a range of learners. Explain why you have to lose money and inconvienence your clients and blah....

Bridey
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I understand that the LA's are desperate to get childminders accredited. They are in a situation where they are going to offering free places to thousands more children and do not have the places for them! They really need to hold these courses at a time that childminders can attend because, otherwise, people aren't going to bother.

Ripeberry
06-07-2012, 11:43 AM
They make it so difficult that I'm starting to think that they don't really want CMs to do this and that all 2-3yrs must go to nurseries or pre-schools.
I've told all my parents that I won't do accreditation as its pointless for what its worth (in my area). The only compromise I do is that I won't charge for the time the child is at pre-school.
Much easier all round and less stressful.

JCrakers
06-07-2012, 03:10 PM
The reply I just got was that I have to book onto one :angry:

So basically I'm going to lose between £63 at the worst upto about £120.
And I won't be available on a day that the funded child attends...it's laughable

I'm only doing this for a parent not myself (although it will mean I won't lose the child)
Why are they making it so difficult for childminders...I'm so cross

caz3007
06-07-2012, 03:55 PM
But where are these nurseries/pre-schools going to be. Round here they are fully subscribed and one is probably going to close as they were in one of the schools and cos the school will be moving in a couple of years to a new building and becoming a through primary, they have told the nursery they need their room.

funemnx
06-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I was just wondering why they have to send you on a course for this? I know it's different in all areas of the country but I just had a few visits from my Development Officer and some self-reflection to do! It's ridiculous the hoops we are made to jump through!