PDA

View Full Version : our 'log pile house'

loocyloo
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
playing outside today, LO started to use the logs and log slices to build a log pile house! LO was very proud of his house and then proceeded to tell the gruffalo story :D

md0u0131
05-07-2012, 04:24 PM
fabulous! There is a logpile house in the woods near us that the kids here are convinced is snake's house!

BucksCM
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Love it!!
Love the Gruffallo too!!:D

flowerpots
05-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Fantastic, have you treated your logs with something? :)

mum22
05-07-2012, 05:04 PM
I love it, am also wondering are the logs treated or do you store them somewhere dry, I have a big branch that needs cutting down and that looks perfect for it.

loocyloo
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
the logs haven't been treated at all :D

in theory they are all stored in a big plastic box with a lid, in practice, they are left out in all weathers!

DH took down a couple of trees and these are some logs and slices of logs from those!

( the logs that had been left out were full of woodlice & earwigs when LO moved them :eek: )

Chattie
05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Thats fantastic wish I had saved some logs when we cut tree down now. Though don't think OH would have been impressed at keeping them says kids stuff has taken over garden and his shed :blush:

PixiePetal
05-07-2012, 08:22 PM
We have a wood on our farm and go there for walks when we can. Mindee calls it the deep dark wood :)

we also have an area where we keep the tree trunks/logs ready for cutting into useable lengths for firewood. Needless to say we go snake hunting as well as Gruffalo and fox hunting :D not seen any yet although there are grass snakes there somewhere as my old dog used to find them and bark a warning - wish she was still with us!