PDA

View Full Version : News about de-regulation

lozzy23
05-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi all

Thought I would let you know that today one of my parents who works for Meg Hillier - Labour MP for Hackney South and Shoreditch, has informed me that tomorrow she has an adjournment in Parliament about the de-regulation of childminders, it will have to have a response from a Minister. My parent believes it will be the last item to be discussed at either 2pm or 2.30pm, he will confirm the time tomorrow. We will be able to watch it on Parliament TV.

Parent told me he sent out letters to the CM's in the constituency yesterday.

For me I thought the parent would be better to approach than my own MP who is "true blue".

Lorraine

loocyloo
05-07-2012, 08:30 AM
wow!

well done you and your parent and mp !

x

The Juggler
05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
that's great. looking forward to updates on here for anyone who sees it.

Pipsqueak
05-07-2012, 08:40 AM
:clapping: thanks for that

md0u0131
05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Fabulous news :clapping:

Bridey
05-07-2012, 09:00 AM
I had no idea what a parliament adjournment was so I had to look it up. Found a really good explanation here ...

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/adjournment/

It will be interesting to see what the response is :)

jumping j
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
I was just thinking things had gone quiet :rolleyes:

lozzy23
05-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I had no idea what a parliament adjournment was so I had to look it up. Found a really good explanation here ...

http://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/adjournment/

It will be interesting to see what the response is :)

Thanks Bridey, I did not know what exactly was involved, I was trying to get the information from my parent whilst my 3 LO's were greeting each other.

I even PM'd Sarah to read it to make sure it made sense! Thanks Sarah for giving me the confidence to post it:blush:x

sarah707
05-07-2012, 08:49 PM
I even PM'd Sarah to read it to make sure it made sense! Thanks Sarah for giving me the confidence to post it:blush:x

I think it is brilliant that your parent is so hands on and supporting childminders!

Definitely something that needs posting! It will hopefully spur others on to encourage their parents to get involved :clapping:

lozzy23
06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
If you want to watch the Adjournment Debate in a very quiet House of Commons, follow the link. Blame my DD if link does not work!

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx?meetingId=11032&st=14:30:49.4270000

Penny1959
07-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Meg Hillier did a fantastic job and clearly done her research. Huge thanks to Meg and to your parent.
Such a shame that Sarah Teather had not and just says the same thing as we are all getting now in replies from our MPs who have written to her - in other words a standard reply without any details

Penny

The Juggler
07-07-2012, 08:52 AM
penny, a question if we are to take this petition to downing street on 21st. do you think the cover letter to the petition is enough or should we draft a separate cover letter as to why we are hand delivering the petition - i.e. the senselss standard replies we kept getting from ET.

whats your view?

lozzy23
07-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Meg Hillier did a fantastic job and clearly done her research.
Such a shame that Sarah Teather had not and just says the same thing as we are all getting now in replies from our MPs who have written to her - in other words a standard reply without any details

Penny

This was exactly what I thought. Same old, same old from Sarah Teather:rolleyes:.

Penny1959
07-07-2012, 11:35 AM
penny, a question if we are to take this petition to downing street on 21st. do you think the cover letter to the petition is enough or should we draft a separate cover letter as to why we are hand delivering the petition - i.e. the senselss standard replies we kept getting from ET.

whats your view?

To be honest - not thought about it yet Juggler.

Somewhere in my head it says we have to 'book' to take a petition actually into Downing Street - I really need to investigate this - and if we are able to I will think about a seperate cover letter.

Out of interest just finished writing a letter for Child Care Journal (I was asked to do so by the editor) and it is on the very issue of standard replies

Penny :)