PDA

View Full Version : Eyfs revised course

childminder54
05-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Went on a course yesterday and was told the learning journals are not a requirement if you have a parent who is not intrested it's up to you if you do them, which was strange. Didn't touch on the the changes on how many we can have. Also they was saying the prime areas to incorporate the specific areas aspects which I didn't think we had to do with the under 3, more confused. We did come away with development matters in the early years foundation stage(Eyfs). Statutory framework for the Eyfs foundation stage. The national
Strategies learning playing and interacting. Was issued 2009. Think this is just a guide what to do as this is not the new version because of date. And a material bag. They did read some items from a book, but felt they didn't cover everything in the short time think it should of been all day even more confused.

Bridey
05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Maybe producing a LJ isn't a statutory requirement but being able to demonstrate that you are delivering the EYFS is and I don't see how you could do that without a written record!

sarah707
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
For the under 3s the FOCUS is on the prime areas... but that does not mean you can ignore your books, musical instruments, songs and rhymes, arts and crafts and other activities!!

You will still use the specific areas alongside the prime. Just focus on the prime to make sure children are making good progress in the areas that are considered most important.

Does that make more sense? :D

TooEarlyForGin?
05-07-2012, 09:05 AM
My LA has actually produced a lovely learning journey which we can use, although they did stress we can use our own, but they still felt they were really important especially so we can then link them up to the 2 year check. They are also providing parents a information booklet/leaflet about the EYFS, which I hope will show parents that they must also work along with us.

Must admit although I didn't learn anything "new" as I had already gone through it all myself and read lots on here. We had a really good training session.

The trainers also said we were the first so were enthusiastic to listen to what points we raised to ensure they put them into the other sessions.