PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple more questions

caza
09-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Just had another couple of questions pop inot my head so was hoping to pick your brains. :D

Firstly what do you have to do with the room that you not registering? Do they have to have a lock on or is enough for the doors to be closed?

Also running along the bottom of the garden we have an electric fence which is only switched on at night to keep the foxes and the deer out. Our back garden backs onto open fields and they just wonder into the garden and drive the dogs crazy and plus our guinea pigs are outside too. would Ofsted have a major problem with this even if the fence isn't on during the day?

Thats it for now :D I did have more questions but cant for the life of me remember them now :rolleyes:

nannan
09-06-2008, 09:09 PM
wouldnt have a clue what ofsted would say but couldnt just read and run, I would say if you had say a fence in front of the electric fence perhaps they would say that was ok, as a precaution in case by chance the fence wasnt turned of in the morning and the little ones went down the bottom,

theoldwoman
09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Hi, I have got a barbed wire fence down the side of the garden and the Inspector asked me what safety measures I took with it, I said I say 'Don't touch its sharp' (they are country children and have to learn I feel!!), and she asked if the Farmer would take it down (what safety measures do I take with the cows!). She then asked if he would divert the stream that runs down the edge of the garden,(it is fenced off) I think I should just get a big bundle of cotton wool for all the children and can't understand how mine survived. The fox has still got in and killed the rabbit.

Sue

foxy lady
10-06-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi, I have got a barbed wire fence down the side of the garden and the Inspector asked me what safety measures I took with it, I said I say 'Don't touch its sharp' (they are country children and have to learn I feel!!), and she asked if the Farmer would take it down (what safety measures do I take with the cows!). She then asked if he would divert the stream that runs down the edge of the garden,(it is fenced off) I think I should just get a big bundle of cotton wool for all the children and can't understand how mine survived. The fox has still got in and killed the rabbit.

Sue

hi sorry to hear about your rabbit!
you are right tho the world has gone mad, i understand that we need to keep the children as safe as we can but diverting a stream????
i think that i would say that the children were not allowed outside unattanded and that you kept a close eye on them at all times.
OR you could just put them in a cage outside ha ha only joking of course

sarah707
10-06-2008, 08:00 AM
You should lock doors to rooms you are not using - a closed door does not keep a child out - a little hook and eye high up is enough...

As far as the fence goes, I would just risk assess it - not sure it needs mentioning if it's in your risk assessments like everything else. You wouldn't point out your bleach in the cupboard, you would just lock it away and do a risk assessment iyswim.

Good luck :D

FizzysFriends
10-06-2008, 08:07 AM
I had the same question re the doors. I have no proble putting a hook and eye on the office door but dont want to on my bedroom door, would a stair gate be ok?

angeldelight
10-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Are you using upstairs ? If not then you wont need to use anything

I dont have anything on any of my bedrooms

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
At the moment my only toilet is upstairs so they have to go upstairs.

I seem to remember someone using a stair gate so that the cat could get in the room, so ofsted must be ok with it???

jaja
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
not sure what to say other than phone ofsted and ask their opionion (sp?) on fence, but the room why dont you just keep the door shut and see what the inspector says, they not even say anything at all!!!! you know what they are like, say one thing to one and another to another. good luck xxx

caza
10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Are you using upstairs ? If not then you wont need to use anything

I dont have anything on any of my bedrooms

Angel xx

We live in a bungalow so cant do that unfortunately :rolleyes: