PDA

View Full Version : paying with tax credits???

Nikki125
04-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Morning everyone.
Just a quick question, all the parents i have at the moment pay me with their own money or childcare vouchers, (by this i mean no tax credits) however i have a family starting next week who will be paying via tax credit. (mum said t.c will pay for about 70 or 80 % of the childcare. I was just wondering if anyone knew how this works as ive never had anyone pay this way beore. Do t.c pay me direct or is it still the parents pay me? At the mo all families pay me in advance, will t.c do this aswell? I gave mum my reg number yeaterday? What will happen now? Sorry to sound stupid.

AliceK
04-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Tax credits will pay directly to mum. It won't make any difference to you. To be honest you may have other families who receive TC's but unless they tell you you wouldn't know. Personally my policies state that payment is in advance and it makes no difference whether the parents receive TC's or not, I still expect payment upfront even if they can only manage weekly. Where / how they get their money from is not of concern to me. Hard I know but this is my living and how I keep a roof over our heads.

xxx

BucksCM
04-07-2012, 08:31 AM
You also need to make it clear in your contract that the payments still need to be made on the agreed date whether they have the tc or not as the parent is responsible for the payment.
Haven't got it written myself so someone will come along and word it better!

hectors house
04-07-2012, 12:45 PM
As above - the mindees parents will claim and receive tax credits, you may be asked by tax credit people to confirm that you look after child and how much parent pays you.

Think it would be far easier if we got paid direct by tax credit agency as sure a large proportion of parents cant resist over claiming. I know teachers who claim money all year round, although only pay childminders a retainer for holidays!

miffy
05-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Just make sure it is clear in your contracts and that parents understand payment of your fees is their responsibility and has nothing to do with whether tax credits have paid them on time or not.

Miffy xx

Kiddleywinks
05-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Just make sure it is clear in your contracts and that parents understand payment of your fees is their responsibility and has nothing to do with whether tax credits have paid them on time or not.

Miffy xx

:thumbsup:

Bridey
05-07-2012, 06:57 AM
As the others said above - you need to make it clear to the parent that their tax credit payments is between her and the tax credit office, you still expect to be paid in advance and on time.