PDA

View Full Version : Ikea felt play food?

miffy
04-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Have been looking at this for some time - does anyone have it? What do you think of it?

I want to get rid of most of my plastic playfood but don't know whether to go for Ikea stuff or look at wooden play food - just a bit worried if babies throw the wooden things around but not sure if Ikea stuff will survive the little ones!

Help!

Miffy xx

adele1985
04-07-2012, 06:59 AM
hi hun, ive got some and the kids love it :D

jumping j
04-07-2012, 07:13 AM
I've been looking at in too, I've been trying to replace as much plastic with 'natural' as possible

angeldelight
04-07-2012, 07:14 AM
We have some Miffy and the kids love it

Angel xx

loocyloo
04-07-2012, 07:14 AM
i've gone for wooden food. i was worried about being able to wash/clean the fabric food! mindees are all little, and constantly put the food in their mouths when playing!

sillybeans
04-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I have it and it gets played with everyday. I put it in the washing machine with other CM bits, cushion covers (from story area) and aprons etc and it's been fine so far :thumbsup:

bunyip
04-07-2012, 08:18 AM
I have the IKEA felt food and it's a real hit. It's played with daily and still shows no sign of wear.

I'd promised myself I'd buy the IKEA mini-kitchen with my first fees, and was unable to leave the shop without the food, pans, utensils, etc. Spent far more than intended but have never regretted it, not even when I'm on hands and knees at the end of the day searching for the missing slice of cake.

My only concern with the little one 'mouthing' was the long tags IKEA put on all soft toys, so they were carefully cut off.

Roseolivia
04-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I have a mixture of soft food and wooden/plastic food. Kids love both.

watgem
04-07-2012, 09:39 AM
we have it and all the kids love it, its so much cheaper than wood as well and seems to withstand some rough handling lol

murrayspud
04-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I have the ikea fruit basket, veg basket and the breakfast board and they are great - the only thing I don't like is when they get put in mouths - puts my teeth on edge - but then I can't touch fuzzy felt either!!! :panic:
Very reasonably priced and a great resource for learning about foods and playing kitchen etc.

Kathryn x

miffy
05-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Thanks everyone - I think another trip to Ikea is needed! :D

Miffy xx

sillybeans
05-07-2012, 06:53 AM
was the long tags IKEA put on all soft toys, so they were carefully cut off.

What is it with the long tags IKEA use for everything???? ... my little bug bear with what is otherwise a avourite store! :)

miffy
05-07-2012, 06:54 AM
What is it with the long tags IKEA use for everything???? ... my little bug bear with what is otherwise a avourite store! :)

No idea but they are often longer than the product they're attached too! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
05-07-2012, 07:24 AM
I have the Ikea felt play foods and I have also bought some knitted food from Ebay.

The kids love them more than the plastic food I used to have.

When it comes to washing, I put them into a pillow case and put it on a very delicate wash with some Fairy washing powder. I then lay them out on a towel to dry over night.

Kats Kids
05-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the advice - I feel an expensive trip to idea coming up;)