PDA

View Full Version : start up grant

Mrs.L.C
09-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Am I right in thinking you can not claim the start up grant until you are registered (received certificate) unless you are on income support?

FizzysFriends
09-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Here you can claim before you are registered but if you dont register within 12 months you have to pay it back.

Most people have to spend the money, send in reciepts and they will send you a cheque, if you are on IS or a single parent they will send you the money first and then you send the reciepts in when you have spent it.

Thats what they do here anyway.

sarah707
09-06-2008, 08:18 PM
I thought you could claim it when you were in the process of registering?

I would ring your local CIS tomorrow and check :D

katickles
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah it varies as where I am you can not claim until you are registered. Again if you give up your registration within 12 months you have to pay it back.

Like Sarah says check with your local CIS :)

nannan
09-06-2008, 08:33 PM
In my area you need to have your registration first then you can claim the start up grant, once ofsted have confirmed your registration number then send in your receipts and form and they will send you a check and what ever pack you have applied for either the NCMA OR Michel Morton, hope that helps

breezy
09-06-2008, 08:38 PM
here you have to register first as you need ey number, you can apply pre reg but can only get money back once registered

caza
09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
We can apply for the grant pre reg here (I think). We have to give them a list stating what the grant is to be used for and if they dont think its necessary you dont get it. We do get the main grant pre reg to help pay for insurance, courses etc the other one is an extra.

tulip0803
09-06-2008, 11:01 PM
In this part of SWales I have been told that when I am inspected they will then inform the Children's Partnership and the forms will be sent out because part of the grant is the toolkit and insurance, which is needed for when you get the certificate. This is bearing in mind that all background, CRBs and references are checked before inspection.

Ripeberry
30-09-2008, 04:32 PM
In my area they say you must provide a letter from a parent to say that they will use you. But the crunch is that you CAN'T get the money after you have been registered>
So basically, have to find someone who wants me but without me actually having been inspected and registered!
Stupid system if you ask me.:panic:

kellsni
30-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I had to wait till I had my certificate before I could claim.

I will then have to buy the stuff and then send in the receipts and they will then send me a cheque, hope this helps.

Kelly

Sarpix
02-10-2008, 06:07 PM
I had to wait for my certificate which I recieved 3 weeks ago. I still havn't recieved my grant money even though I had my grant visit.

I recieved a form today that I had to sign and send back to say that my details are correct. By the time I get my grant money I will probably have been registered a month!!!:angry: