PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in North Devon?

kindredspirits
09-06-2008, 07:46 PM
hiya,
just wondering if anyone was currently in north devon/torridge area? am moving to Northam next week and would love to meet some other minders in the area - perhaps find out if there's any groups you all go to?

anna x :thumbsup:

madison
10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
hi I'm sue I live in bideford, just a couple of miles from northam. I'd love to meet up with you when you move. I've been childminding a couple of years and go to the c/m groups and could offer you some advice on where to go and what to do. There are afew of us that go to all the groups and get on well and wouldn't mind another tagging along:)
Do you know about the DISC website? if you put your details on there you're bound to get loads of work as most parents go there first to find childcare.

Wendy Woo
10-06-2008, 12:58 PM
hiya,
just wondering if anyone was currently in north devon/torridge area? am moving to Northam next week and would love to meet some other minders in the area - perhaps find out if there's any groups you all go to?

anna x :thumbsup:

Im not there but just wanted to say good luck with ur move. Hope it all goes well x

kindredspirits
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
hi I'm sue I live in bideford, just a couple of miles from northam. I'd love to meet up with you when you move. I've been childminding a couple of years and go to the c/m groups and could offer you some advice on where to go and what to do. There are afew of us that go to all the groups and get on well and wouldn't mind another tagging along:)
Do you know about the DISC website? if you put your details on there you're bound to get loads of work as most parents go there first to find childcare.

hiya,
it would be great to meet and get to know some other minders when i move. if you don't mind me asking, how are you doing for work down there? dh is very nervous that i'll struggle finding kids to mind - as we're moving from somewhere where theres a real need. i don't think i can put my details on disc until i've got my registration through - hopefully within the next few weeks.

anna x

kindredspirits
10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Im not there but just wanted to say good luck with ur move. Hope it all goes well x

thanks - the journeys back and forth over the next few weeks with a 16 m/o are going to be a nightmare!! :)

madison
10-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm pretty busy at the moment, it comes and goes like most areas, I know there is a real need for childminders at some schools(not sure about northam school though) although if you you don't mind what school to collect from I could probably help you as I know afew parents which are struggling to find childcare for september:) You should come to c/m groups, if there is any work around you'll hear about it there. We're all a friendly bunch:laughing:
I'm sure you're be fine, just advertise and let everyone know you are a childminder and the work will soon come rolling in.

kindredspirits
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty busy at the moment, it comes and goes like most areas, I know there is a real need for childminders at some schools(not sure about northam school though) although if you you don't mind what school to collect from I could probably help you as I know afew parents which are struggling to find childcare for september:) You should come to c/m groups, if there is any work around you'll hear about it there. We're all a friendly bunch:laughing:
I'm sure you're be fine, just advertise and let everyone know you are a childminder and the work will soon come rolling in.

you've just taken a huge weight off my mind - i don't really mind where i collect from as long as we've got an income, i've been unwell for a few years so it will be the first time as a married couple we've had two incomes! :blush:
the cats really amongst the pigeons now though - we've just had a call from our old landlady who thinks she might have a 3 bed in pilton coming up - which would be a lot better for us than the northam house as its got a garden. so we've delayed the northam one until we're sure.

angeldelight
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Good luck Anna

Hope your house move goes ok

Angel xx

madison
11-06-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm sure there would be work in pilton and a garden would be lovely. We've got a small garden but couldn't live without it although it always seems to be full with toys;)

kindredspirits
11-06-2008, 10:49 AM
we've only got a gravelled garden at the minute so it will be lovely to have a bit of grass